ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Mojave's place in the GNC Nationals. (tpender)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I will try and answer what you wrote Garf, but I had a hard time understanding some of what you were talking about. But, in quads we are no as lucky as with the bikes to have 125, 250, and open quads. This past weekend at Macon we had the best showing in the Pro class over last year (23 Pro's). Last year we only had 2 races with over over 20 pro's (21 ansd 22). With bikes they will have how many pro's show up at a outdoor MX national. That is why they and run the extra classes.
The major problem with quads racing is that the classes were set up way back in the 80's and they have not been changed, and they were set up from the bike numbers. Look at the quads that are being made and raced, do they fit into the numbers that we have. That is the reason that I asked Lurch the question about the Mojave, because the ATVA is looking at the class setup and what can run in each class. One of the things that I will be asking riders at each race this year is about class changes for next year.
Something that needs to be talked about for the future is the OEM classes, motorcycle engines, 2 and 4 strokes run together, etc. But, when you talk about bike engines then you have the problem with 70 and 90 quads that only use bike engines.
You talk about results not be posted quickly. The GNC races are put on by 15 different promoters. After the weekend they are to send in the results to the AMA/ATVA and then it is posted. This past weekend John Pellan(ATVSCENE) was at the race and asked for a copy of the results, that is why he was able to post them in 2 days. But, it still took him 2 days after to do the posting. With the GNCC races it is run by one promoter (Racer X) and the results are posted sooner, but it is on there website.
And, I don't work for the ATVA/AMA. I am just a ATV congressman for my district.

Old 03-19-2002, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom,
Sorry about the post, tried to write it correctly, a problem came up here at work and I just posted before proof reading.

From were I stand, this is my first year involved with ATV's, and it realy discussed me to see how it was ran and how the pro riders dictate the sport of MX, or in this case the GNC.

I travel to some 8 to 11 states every year doing some bike mx and cross country racing, also still running 3 to 4 super comp drag bike racing.

My point here is I know how governing bodies work and see them in action in so many ways in so many arenas. You can travel nearly the hole country to MX or cross country bikes races, one thing you will find is the uniformity of classes and rules from the pro level to just ordinary local tracks. Sense I recieved my quad last august I may have been to 12 to 18 different tracks in maybe 3 different states and guess what, none run near like the other. So some were some how a series such as the GNC has to make a stand.

A good place to start would be the TQRA series run out of the state of texas, they seem to be paving the way for ATV series. Maybe with all these series going on in the country the GNC higher ups might want to maybe visit a few of them and check out the pros and cons of all the different series out there, then you can take all this data and hash something real out of it.

There was a anouncement this past year that the GNC may eliminate the use of bike engines. It took just a few names to ring the GNC phone to kill that idea. So who is calling the shots in the GNC, the GNC or the pro riders.

One sure sign of absolute no growth for the future of GNC is the lack of manufacturer and oem poeple involved in the series. I took note at the end of last year, who won the top 5 spots in each race and what they were riding, if the manufacturers took note as well, they have no interest.

Basic point is what you had said, the rules were written in the 80's, well the 80's were a very long time ago. Actually the manufacturers that are trying to set the atv world on fire were not even around in the 80's.

As far as riding outlaw machines, please note I keep calling them outlaw machines. Because in every form of motorcycle racing except ATV racing, this is what these machines are classified as, and yes they have classes for them. But any way, the builders and riders of outlaw machines are a very small percentage of riders that can be tapped to join these functions, but it is these outlaw machines that keep these same poeple from coming as well as the manufacturers.

On a good note, it sure is good to here about the success of the macon race and wish you all a very good season.

Old 03-19-2002, 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

How do you run your mojove so wide for XC? Just curious. Thanks

Old 03-20-2002, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

tprender- I have a question for you.
I am 16 and race d34. In my district to go to a race with someone other than your parent you need a notorized note.

What is the rule concerning this for the nationals? My friend is raicng mt morris and his mom said she would take me also so could you let me know what the rule is.

thank you

matt

Old 03-20-2002, 12:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

same rule,someone at the track needs to be legally responsible for you being under 18

Is that you mattfoo?

Old 03-20-2002, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

Just like LT80 said you are supposed to have some one sign for you if you are under 18. This is supposed to be done at all palaces if you are under 18, AMA or non-AMA. Even if you can drive at 16, I think that this is called the "age of majority". the reason for this is if the person lies about there age the track is somewhat covered by having the parent sign. And, we all know that no one out there lies about there age.
LT80, I had a complaint about this past weekend about 2 riders cheating on there age to ride in the plus 40 class. and then doing good. It doen't just happen with the little one's. Maybe you will get carded at the next race, that will bring back menories and make you day.

Old 03-20-2002, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

Ok this i good news to me. I knew i would need someone to sign for me i just wasnt sure if it had to be my parent or not.

So will i need a notorized note tho like in my district?

Yea LT its mattfoo.

Old 03-20-2002, 11:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

mxer,yes you should have a notorized paper.
OMG cheaters in the 40+ class,,whats the world comming to,,geesh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2002, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

Tpender,

What ever came from the 13, Kody Ingram(the 14 year old)deal? I saw he got to race his qualifier and main. Just curious.

Old 03-20-2002, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

He has to the next race to show me a phote ID. He said that it was left at home, and he will bring it to the next race. That is all that I can comment on at the present time.

Quick Reply: Mojave's place in the GNC Nationals. (tpender)