Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Which Utility Quad should you get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 12:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Utility Quad should you get?

For all of those asking the questions and trying to decide between the various quads you can now see for yourself.

www.polarisindustries.com

Select ATV
Select Model year
Select Sportsman
Select Model
Select Video
Choose one, download and enjoy.

Be sure to watch "IRS" and "AWD". In AWD there is a direct comparison on video of all the big players, Prairie, Grizz, Sportsman, all in the same hole.

It can't be said any better than this.

The truth is out there. Now, go see it for yourself.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

thats cool, now i know im not the only one that notices the things that really make polaris the best utility quads that exist. id like to see dirtwheels expressions if they seen those video's, lmao. "the way out" heh, it looks like polaris is the only one that did make it out, lol.

Old 09-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

You don't suppose Pol would make a vid that was one-sided to make their quad look better do you?? Or do you also believe salesmen?

Old 09-13-2003, 01:26 AM
Range Rover

No they would never do that.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2003, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sxr6
You don't suppose Pol would make a vid that was one-sided to make their quad look better do you?? Or do you also believe salesmen?
Oh, and i would never guess that Honda and Suzuki and sometimes Kawasaki "PAY OFF" Dirtwheels and Atv action to "LIE" about their atvs and say their better when they are indeed "NOT" better.

Old 09-13-2003, 03:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

How about those comparisons? Couple that I remember are- Pol 600 against a Rubicon 500, Pol 500 against a Kodiak 450 and Pol 400 (425cc) against the Eiger and Kodiak 400. Why not call the 425cc a 450 and put it up against the Foreman 450(433cc) and Kodiak 450(422cc)? They would change the category depending on their machine. They had a front storage category for their Magnum 330 comparison.

Old 09-13-2003, 11:55 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: PmanX8
Originally posted by: sxr6
Oh, and i would never guess that Honda and Suzuki and sometimes Kawasaki "PAY OFF" Dirtwheels and Atv action to "LIE" about their atvs and say their better when they are indeed "NOT" better.
They all do it! I think thats what he means... It's called marketing... Welcome to the real world...

Old 09-14-2003, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
How about those comparisons? Couple that I remember are- Pol 600 against a Rubicon 500, Pol 500 against a Kodiak 450 and Pol 400 (425cc) against the Eiger and Kodiak 400. Why not call the 425cc a 450 and put it up against the Foreman 450(433cc) and Kodiak 450(422cc)? They would change the category depending on their machine. They had a front storage category for their Magnum 330 comparison.
as you should have noticed, they still gave the honda, zukis and yamas the shootout win anyway. its a way for dirtwheels to make polaris look bad. in the "real" world, you cant beat a polaris as a "UTILITY" quad. the handle the smoothest, Haul the most weight, and get the best traction thanks to the best automatic tranny and the best 4WD/AWD systems available from any manufacture of atv's. but im not trying to start crap here, so dont take anything offencive, im just saying that the "real truth" is in the dirt, and not on paper.

Old 09-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

I know one thing about Polaris. My coworker had their quad few year back and told me all kinds of complaints about it starting with auto trans acting up and ending with electric starter going bad 2 times. This poor bastard traded it in for some Honda 440 (Foreman???) and went ecstatic.

I personally has Polaris SL900 JetSki and liked it better than my neighbor's Yama1100, however his was made better and more reliable, I could tell that easily. Just the handling and power on mine was more fun.

I think the real dilemma what ATV to buy for me at this point is: Grizzly660 / Kawa P700 / Honda Rincon 650, but Honda is loosing so much due to its price and severe lack power compared to the other two.

Old 09-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PmanX8
Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
as you should have noticed, they still gave the honda, zukis and yamas the shootout win anyway. its a way for dirtwheels to make polaris look bad. in the "real" world, you cant beat a polaris as a "UTILITY" quad. the handle the smoothest, Haul the most weight, and get the best traction thanks to the best automatic tranny and the best 4WD/AWD systems available from any manufacture of atv's. but im not trying to start crap here, so dont take anything offencive, im just saying that the "real truth" is in the dirt, and not on paper.
I should not have noticed that because those comparisons were made on the Polaris site. That's why Polaris put their 600 against the Rubi 500, their 500 against a Yama 450 and their 400 (425cc) against quads with less cc's instead of the 2 with the closest cc's.

Quick Reply: Which Utility Quad should you get?