Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Honda 450R or Yamaha Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda 450R or Yamaha Banshee

Ive ridden a Kx 125 for a few yrs now but i want a quad which one would be better and 450R or a Banshee

Old 12-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

depends, the 450s seem to be the wave of the future, but i think the banshee responds to mods better, other than that i think the 450 dominates in everything except for top speed.

Old 12-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

and welcome to the forums

Old 12-21-2004, 10:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two completely different machines, but you can search and find all kinds of information about these machines and what they are best suited for.

Old 12-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

They are both great bikes. The 450s are new and are quick and great for moto and jumpin. Great bike. If raw speed and necking snappin acceleration are your thing then go with the banshee, it is great for the duns and wide open spaces, great bike ot tool around on, but it is not good moto-xer. Both great bikes just depends on what you want to use them for.

Old 12-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

if i was you and you cant decide between the banshee and 450r i would get a yfz 450 in stead of either one of them.

Old 01-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Trailblazer

Welcome to the forums, 450r's are the wave of a the future, 4 stroke technology is rising..but the 2 stroke still reigns in some areas , If you want a non *High* maintenance go with a 4 stroke 450r they require maintenance but not near as much as the banshee does, Banshee's you have to worry about your mixture and everything and 2 strokes have the tendency after awhile to blow up, Four strokes hardly ever do unless you have the engines modded out and race a lot but i would prefer you to go with the 450r because for one they are quick reliable and not high maintenance, and because they are honda too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am in the same boat as you are and trying to decide between the same 4 stroke and 2 stroke bikes. I have ridden 2 srtokes all my life on the dirft and I am ready to sell my streetbike to get back into it. I am leaning towards the Banshee because I am a very aggressive rider and prefer the awesome hard hitting powerband that the banshee delivers over the lazier 4 stroke power. The 450's are probably much easier to ride than the banshee, less effort and shifting to keep the power where it needs to be. I was at my uncles house for the holidays and he has a Honda 400ex and a Yamaha Blaster. In a straight line drag race the 400ex flat out has more power and pulls away from the blaster every time, no matter who was riding, we switched frequently. Even with a good jump on the blaster, the 400ex had more pulling power and always caught up and passed the blaster. The banshee has way more power than the blaster and would easily whip the 400ex in this race. After that, we hit the trails and made a track through the woods up and down a creek. We started timing each other through the track and another guy showed up on his 300ex, got beat in everything we did by both the blaster and 400ex. Everyone wanted to ride the 400ex through the track because it obviously had the most power and was the quickest. Everyone was right around the same lap times on it as well 1:19-1:22 per lap. I decided it was my turn and I would give the poor little blaster a shot, and WOW, I was smoking everyones times on that little thing, 1:10-1:12 per lap. Everyone was blown away that I was kicking their butts on this blaster. The track had lots of fast turns with a few technical sections to slow you down and a long straight away, had everything but jumps in it. I was able to stay on the pipe on the blaster in almost every section of the track, it took more work to shift more often and keep the blaster in it's sweet spot, which is really really short. If the banshee is anything like the blaster but with more power, that is what I want. I don't care to jump much, just like rushing through the trails wide open on the edge almost, very aggressive riding. I would just need more power than the blaster has for the open riding and I think the banshee has that. I think a 4 stroke makes me a lazy rider, they are just too easy to ride and I get lazy on them and don't push as hard. Sorry for the long reply, just wanted to let you know my experience of the 2/4 strokes. I like the 2 strokes.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, it depends on what you want to do with it, like everyone else is saying. I've always ridden 2 stroke bikes too, but when I rode my uncles 400EX, I fell in love with it. I mostly trail, so I've been very happy with the four strokes I've ridden. Right now I just have an '01 Warrior and my friend rides an '02 Blaster. The Blaster is quick, but in the trails the Warrior kills. On the straights and track, the Blaster is fun competition, just not where there's a lot of slower turns and shifting. So I as well ride my fourwheeler hard, and the 4 stroke does every bit I want it to. I just prefer it on the trails. If we're riding wide open I still sometimes trade my buddies for their bikes. So.... what do you plan on doing with the machine?

Old 01-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a banshee it is the best off road vehicle ive ever owned , im sick of people saying their high maintenance , i havent fouled a plug yet and nothing has the power band like a banshee nothing. i have toomey 6 pipes a cant beleive the power it has, plus you can do any thing you want to a banshee , you cant beef up 450 or 4 strokes

Quick Reply: Honda 450R or Yamaha Banshee