Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Tell how you got your best Out The Door Price (OTD) from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 11:50 PM
SJ
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell how you got your best Out The Door Price (OTD) from dealer

smb05,

Yes we are starting to see some of the benefits from the LA stores. When I purchased mine I could have picked it up in San Mateo, CA. which is about 1.5 hours from here but the money was burning a hole in my pocket and I couldn't sleep just like when I was a kid on Christmas Eve. Now we have another OTD sister store in Oakland, CA. I guess they are like a co-op of stores. The prices on the same vehicle are really close. There was a $100.00 difference in price from the San Mateo and LA store with the LA store being cheaper. The difference was that the LA store had what I wanted in stock. I wish my website was up so I could show you all the stock they had in Marina Del Rey. Our stores up here were lucky to receive two units of the 06 700R for the 05 year where the store in Marina Del Rey had six that I saw. I am not sure how it works but I guess the more units you move the more the main companies allot to you. Hopefully this co-op of stores continues to grow. It sure is to our benefit. smb05, a few years back in 02 I drove to Whittier, CA. to pick up a VW Beetle on a day trip.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

I have not dealt with Whitter Fun Center but the Ad they place in the Cycle Trader shows that they are also a dealer looking to put their customer in their rides for a good price.

>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

Roseville Cycle Center can deal, they are the largest Honda dealer in No. Calif but unfortunately they dont' carry BRP. The service shops are what keep these small dealers in business, I think an ATV or JetSki sale is just a bonus whenever it happens.

Whittier Fun Center is a motorcycle shop that sells ATV's on the side, LOL, their inventory wasn't much but they got what I needed from another dealer. They are a Honda dealer thats been there forever and probably has a pretty good relationship with other shops, it's kind of a smaller hole in the wall place but they took care of me.

Roseville Yamaha is simply outrageous, not sure how they stay in business. My buddy went in to look at a YFZ and it was about $1200 over MSRP. I told him to check out East Bay Motorsports, he got it there for $100 under MSRP.

Old 10-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

First make up ur mind on what ATV you want and stick to it, Next call every dealer you can find and tell him you want a written quote either e- mailed or faxed to you, and go to the dealer of ur choice with those quotes and ask if they could beat or match that price. I saved $800 doing it that way.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

I went to Southern Powersports in Chattanooga, Tn. I live in SC. I saw what they had online (Southernhonda.com) Prices are OTD. I called and finally got a salesman and told him what I wanted and that I would need financing. I gave some basic info. He called back and asked what day I wanted to pick up my quads.
MSRP (about $7800) is what they get on a 06 Rincon here in the Greenville, SC. area. I got mine for $6700 and the 05 Rancher 400 AT for $4700.
They did try to push accessories though. I didn't bite.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:40 AM
SJ
Trailblazer

Good deal ForemanDan. I didn't like South Carolina when I lived in Beaufort for 3 years until I moved back to my Home state of California. Once I was here I realized just how much I actually did like it and how much I missed it. I would think SC has some great places to ride.