Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

250ex vs 230s quadsport

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008 | 03:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default 250ex vs 230s quadsport

We have the technology to make things better, but too many times cost savings, government regulation, consumer protection, etc, etc gets in the way. If progress was merely consumer driven, we'd have a lot of nice stuff out there! If oil didn't skyrocket in the 70's, just think of what the cars would have been like in the 80's. I can't compare cars of today with cars of the 80's and earlier.... They're vastly different kinds of machines. Just like its hard to think of a Model T as a car. Its more like a wagon with an engine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

There are many things the consumer could do with a Camaro 1985 and earlier. But 1986 and later it became difficult and each year after that even more difficult. Did the 86 last any longer than the 85??? No. It was just a bigger pain in the butt to fix. Today they're totally redesigning the Camaro from ground up and using Dale Earnhardt jr to test it and give feedback. Should turn out to be an awesome car, but its not an upgraded 1969 Camaro either. Its a totally different animal.

I don't know... Everytime I find a pair of boots I like I always buy as many pairs as I can carry out of the store because I know next year those boots will be replaced with a "better" version that I'll hate. Its pretty much the same thing with anything else in life.... If you find something you really like, you better stock up because you can bet there is someone working hard at redesigning it to be cheaper to make, compliant with new governemnt regulations, less likely to cause "injury", better for the environment, and above all,,, to replace functionality with some kind of trendy facade. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]