Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

My first atv expereince

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first atv expereince

Warning to all atv riders. i purchased a brand new Can Am DS450 xmx from Performance East Inc or East Carolina Powrsports from out of state. When the bike arrived at my house i notice the bike had been used. i figured since it was a 2009 model it would have some wear from the show room, but this bike had been used.

The first clue that i has been ripped off was when the bike would not start. i replace the battery and got the bike to run. But once the bike warmed up it would stall and would not start. after several tries later I gave up and took the bike to the local dealer in Miami.

The Dealer plugged the computer in and we found that the bike had 22 hours and no service. Later the dealer calls me and tells me that the bike had been over filled with oil and all the sensors needed to be removed and cleaned. No big deal the bike is new and should be under warranty. Wrong! Since its a human error to over fill the bike with oil Can Am will not cover this repairs.

My issue with Performance East and East carolina Powersports is that they sold me a used bike as new and not properly maintained bike. I call, and they do not respond, i email them and they call the local repair place liars.

Do not buy or deal with Performance East and East Carolina Powersports