CAN-AM (BRP) Ask an Expert! An area where experts in their field will answer Non-General or Non-Basic questions about your CAN-AM (BRP) ATV. ASK ALL GENERAL QUESTIONS OR BASIC QUESTIONS IN THE CAN-AM (BRP) SECTION. Basic or General questions posted in a expert section will be moved!
MrHorsepower and other experts will answer your questions as they have time.

Front tire crooked

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front tire crooked

I have a ds650 2001. I noticed after riding the other day when I got off the bike the right side front tire is leaning. The top of the tire leans to the center of the bike. Putting a level on it shows it's about close to a inch off from being straight. The side to side is fine. I put the quad on a lift and made sure the a-arms, tires etc or free to move around. When I grab the front tire to check for play for top to bottom, there is no play at all. Neither side to side either. The other side of the bike is straight up and down. I looked at the a-arms & frame to check for obvious bends and can't find any. I had a buddy come over & he verified that it all looked ok and he would replace the upper ball joint (well actually top and bottom since I'm on that side anyway. Does anyone know if a ball joint would cause the top to lean in? FYI, I did not crash, roll it or hit anything so it's a surprise as to how it got that way. If I didn't know better, it looks almost like it was hit at the top of the tire and made something give. I have always had steering touchiness but I've read that is common with that year. The tire didn't used to be that way, I'm sure I would have noticed it. Any input would be greatly appreciated & I hope I gave you all the necessary info. Thanks in advance.