CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Burnt temp light?? (err..now it won't turn off)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burnt temp light??

Hey guys,

My oil temp light doesn't seem to be working at all. It does not illuminate when I turn the ignition to on and I've never seen it on.

Is this just a simple bulb or could it be something else??

And also, how hard is it to change the bulb??

Thanks

Old 05-22-2003, 04:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

From your profile I assume you are running a cdi box. I have burnt all my lights on my bike more than once. The heat temp lights are cheap and seem to last longer than the headlights and taillights. I just replace mine. I believe the cdi box has something to do with the lights, because I rode for a month without it and none of my lights burned out. Once I put it back on the lights started burning out almost instantly. Just stock up on the lights. maybe someone on the forum can give you a part number for the same light at an autoparts store.

Old 05-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

Cool, yea I'm running a Wood CDI, so your telling me it's a fusebox/fuse related problem that's making the lights burn out...I'd say that could be easily fixed...but whatever..thanks

Anyone have that part# for a matching light??

Old 05-22-2003, 05:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Do a search for taillights and headlights. That question has come up a few times. Think it was narrowed down to the cdi box at high rpms throwing to much voltage at the, voltage regulator making the lights short out. Solution, better voltage regulator, price, 400.00. Working lights, priceless.

Old 05-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

I can't speak intelligently to the cdi causing voltage problems at high RPM. I am running just about the exact same thing as Tyrespinner and I have had no problems at all. Seems odd that the CDI box would lead to burnt bulbs. Maybe hightower, Angry/punisher or AZ can help with this one.

Old 05-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Humm I find that odd as well. I burnt the green light and one red before my cdi install. And none since. But I ran for a year before I went to the cdi. I think it was a time in use factor. Any way...Auto parts store has the replacements for about a 1.99...all ya need is the round 12v light. THey are about an inch to an inch an a quarter long. OEM is about 10 bucks. Did that the first time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

hey larry are you missing the trip to pismo,i am almost ready by next weekend for sure,i hae to break it in and then i am ready,, hope to meet up with you guy's soon..later.. tell dave i said wwwaaasssuuuuppp...

Old 05-22-2003, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Yea it looks like we are in the same time frame. Dave is back to working on his again. Found a weird sound in the motor. He Is in the process of curing it now. So he's in our time frame too.

Old 05-22-2003, 10:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

mine was a filament came loose i just soldiered it back and it seems to work fine.

Old 05-23-2003, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

I have had problems with brake part of the bulb burning out only. Also the oil hot light. I took the other guys advice and installed an oil pressure gauge. It works great and I know what my oil pressure is doing at all times. It looks trick also.

Quick Reply: Burnt temp light?? (err..now it won't turn off)