CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Coral Pink, Just Back and Very Happy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coral Pink, Just Back and Very Happy!

Just got back from a family/friends weekend at Coral Pink. It was a little hotter than expected however nights were wonderful and very peacefull. The DS (after the Dyno Tuning session) did awsome even though I didn't jet it for the elevation. I left it alone, so I'm sure that it was running too rich (3500ft difference). That said, it was a tracker and I was able to go up anything that Utah handed me. A bunch of us raced and raced and raced. The DS came out on top!

Bikes involved:
Z400 (yoshimira pipe and silencer) - this was one of the nicest bikes I've EVER ridden. Just too small for me.
Quadzilla (built and ported)
Banshee (piped and jetted)
417 EX (piped and jetted
Banshee (stock)
KFX 400 (lots of trick chassis stuff and a pipe)

Anyway, the DS did more than hold it's own. It flat out smoked the 400's and 417. Against the piped and jetted Banshee it won 7 out of 9 races - it depended on the starts. Mind you that the guy on the Shee is 175 pounds (i'm 305!). The Quadzilla was a tougher apponent but edged him out of every race by about 2 ft - VERY fun races with that guy. Problem was that he put a knickle sized whole in the piston..... ugggg! The stock Shee wasn't even fun but he gave it a shot. The modded Shee would beat me if he had a great start and we had a longer race. The course was a straight shot up hill for about 100yrds. This was a tough hour of non-stop racing. The quadzilla paid the price and the DS lived to have great trail rides for the rest of the trip. A little tough to get into first when it got hot, but I may need a oil change after this trip.

Just thought I would give you guys a little reading.

See YA!

Old 06-02-2003, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coral Pink, Just Back and Very Happy!

Sounds like a great time. Coral Pink is a place that Ive heard good things about. It's on my list of places to ride. Someday soon I hope.