CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

WARNING!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!

I'm now finding this thread very interesting....

I used to own a '94 Banshee that SamCoe took from 39 horsepower to 60 horses.... on with porting, carbs... and mild work. Honestly it was phenomenol. The quad was kinda heavy, so when he was done it ran like a champ. And ya know... it did go back. Here's why;

I had a problem with shifting. It would stick into 3rd and only allow me to shift between 3rd and 4th. It went to him twice for this reason. The first time.... "Well, it's fixed. We found a bent shift fork and corrected it. Plus we shaved a little here and there to make it shift easier" Okay I thought. It's fixed..... a month later... at Glamis I noticed I was locked into 3rd again. DAMN!!! I couldn't believe it. The odd thing was if I kept riding and trying to shift it would go back to normal operation. So it's one of those hit and miss problems. More a pain than anything.

The second time I took it in he tried to charge me for the labor on the work and parts he supposedly replaced with the shifter. I flat out told him to forget it. That ever since he split the cases and welded the crank... did I ever have it work right.... it never ever worked right again. The new owner of the Bansh... has the same issues but also deals with it.

I was about to have him rebuild my XR650.... THANK GOD I read this post first. In fact.... I'm thinking I should print it and send it to him in the mail... just so he knows he's losing business at a RAPID pace. It's too bad... I held him and his shop in high respect. If it wasn't for the shifting issue... my Banshee was perfect.

I hope you all have better luck with him.
I found out talking to him, and not his help was much easier to get something resolved. His cutesie little receptionist isn't worth a crap for quoting either... she shouldn't even be talking "shop".... she should stick to answering the phone and that's about it!!!

Time to peal off my SAMCOE stickers...!!!

Old 08-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sorry too hear about your misfortunes Annilihator. Hope all can learn from this experience.

Old 08-21-2003, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

ANNIHILATER I hope you get your money back. I have used Sam for minor engine work for the past two years no more. I all ways had to take it back after I check it my self. He would say the valves were adjusted but they never were correct. How is the TVI engine working ?

Old 08-21-2003, 05:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

BILLDS650, my 720 was built by Stacy in Oklahoma, it is running strong im just makimg a few changes to it but its fast and revs way way out..

I have heard nothing but GREAT things about TVI, sandman430 has been mopping up other quads with the TVI 720 kit with reliability..
and from my dealings with GARY for parts from TVI, proves to me that he has great customer service and stands behind his work...

I heard that SAMCOE PERFORMANCE [SAM] has been making sarcastic remarks about my dealings with him, he seems to be taking my WHOLE situation a bit lightly..He has one of his people reading these posts and running back to him and whining about it...im sure he wont like the law fees he will have to pay to battle this out in court, i have a few people already that are willing to take him to court also..my lawyer is very expensive but he promises to make him miserable and compensate me for my troubles, i have digital pics of all the evidense, and the parts that he claims to have replaced, the mechanic we are useing looks at the motor parts with some crazy goggles and he sees things that the naked eye cant...

Old 08-21-2003, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Crazy goggles...That was worth a laugh...sorry.

Old 08-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

YEAH, i guess the proper term would be magnified glasses or something, i put them on to look at the scaring on the gears and the bearings, when i saw the damage with these glasses it WAS NOT worth a laugh...

Old 08-21-2003, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER

I heard that SAMCOE PERFORMANCE [SAM] has been making sarcastic remarks about my dealings with him, he seems to be taking my WHOLE situation a bit lightly..He has one of his people reading these posts and running back to him and whining about it...im sure he wont like the law fees he will have to pay to battle this out in court, i have a few people already that are willing to take him to court also..my lawyer is very expensive but he promises to make him miserable and compensate me for my troubles, i have digital pics of all the evidense, and the parts that he claims to have replaced, the mechanic we are useing looks at the motor parts with some crazy goggles and he sees things that the naked eye cant...
I'm on both sides here... only because with one story, there's two sides to it. We're only hearing Ann..er's story. I believe you ... and your story, but maybe there's more to it. Here's why I say this;

Ann..er, You mentioned that you ran the bike and immediately shut it down due to noise. Now... there was damage done the second you hit the starter. Whether or not the parts were new, they'd be immediately damaged (more or less depending on the part and it's function to the motor running). Also... you said you took pictures to prove the damage. How does the court/attorneys know those aren't old parts from your buddies bike?? Or even parts you've removed from a previous motor or bike? There's nothing to prove it but your and your mechanics word. Which is hopefully enough to stand strong in court for your sake.

I've got one question... even though I know and you know your status on SamCoe and their ability... why didn't you take it back to him the SECOND you heard the noise????? And let him fix it before the issue got to this point (or attempt to fix it). You know the only way a court will listen is if you gave the mechanic a chance to correct his mistakes... and it doesn't seem like you did... Unless I'm an idiot and overlooked your comments.

Anyway... just some quick thoughts on my end.
And like I said... I WISH YOU LUCK... I don't like to see anyone angry at any business. It's just not healthy. And no... I'm not an advocate of Sam... I'm not being paid to say this... and I'm totally neutral even though it doesn't sound that way!!! I really am!!!

Old 08-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

HHHMMMM???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2003, 07:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

JONNYAIRTIME, to the answer to your question, OF COURSE i tried to make several attempts to let him fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he would not send a call tag out for my motor to be picked up like he told me, and that is even with me trying to be patient for a week and a half calling him every day, and he would NOT return my call, what do you think im stupid??? i had the motor packaged up and ready to go out to him, after getting stroked for so long because he does not answer his phone or return calls i had no choice but to investigate the prob with another credible mechanic who builds top fuel funny bikes...yes it is true, you have to legally give the builder a second chance, BUT he would not work with me no matter how nice i was, actually this is the 3rd time i gave him a chance to fix the prob!!!HE SENT THE WRONG PISTON AND SLEEVE TO BEGIN WITH, the top of the JE piston was not cut right to clear the chamber to begin with ANYWAYS...SAM himself guaranteed the motor when i picked it up, he told my wife and i that if there was a problem with motor he would have his mom that lives in Henderson NEVADA get the motor and send it to him [ that is just what he told me].. THE MOTOR ONLY RAN FOR ABOUT 20 or 30 MINUTES and i didnt run it hard at all...then i heard loud bang

And as for a judge to think i might have taken pics of someone elses motor parts??? give me a break, do you think that will be an issue with a class action law suit, im no atourney are you???

Do you think all these dissatisfied customers are just trying to pull a fast one over the courts eyes or anyone elses??anyways it looks to me like your favoring sam, so youll just have to wait and see, all phone calls are recorded for quality purposes for my company in my office, and it states that when on hold, i just happened to have all conversations recorded along with his promises and guarantees, luckily, maybe the court will submit, maybe not.. what it all boiles down to is how much you want to pay a lawyer..some lawyers are very, very, familliar with certain judges when practicing in the same court all the time...and believe me my lawyer is in the cali area, this will have to occur in California since thats where his place of business is...im not going to say any names but my family owns the largest privately owned winery in the world and they happen to be located in California, dont under estimate the unknown, i simply obtained a lawyer do to a refference...

Old 08-21-2003, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

MAN!! I hate hearing this kinda sh!$!!!
I hope you can get something out of the weasel though I bet theres a line at his lawyers door. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: WARNING!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!