CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

WARNING!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 07:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!

THanks for 1000 pop ups DSJockey

Old 08-23-2003, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

What are you talking about pop-ups?

Old 08-23-2003, 08:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It seems like someone should make a website for this industry and it would be where people can post their gripe they have with a particular vendor. The person with the problem would need to be very detailed and fact oriented. Then if they shop is at all interested in saving face they could try and make the situation right - if they do then that would be added to the article. Kinda like a on-line publicly accessable better business bureau. Of course at first, the shops wouldn't pay much attention to it. However if people started frequenting the site then the shops would HAVE to pay attention. Because anyone looking at the site would go to a shop where they have no problems or had excellent results fixing the problems in a timely manner. People could even post positive experience with shops, that way it's more than just a negative site.

Old 08-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

I suppose if someone got finacially over their head with business problems they might try and take short cuts with customers. But, why even go there? If you start, its pretty much the end of your business anyways. Why not just leave a little room to get re-organized, fixed up, and then come back? At least the business still has a reputation.

In my opinion, businesses should try and make it right, if not, money for the screwed up parts and some of the labor would help. I know my first mechanic really screwed up and he wouldn't own up to any of his mistakes. Now after two years, he has no employees, and is pretty much just polishing motors for a living. I think customers know that everyone can screw up, and that nobody is perfect. Once in a while screw ups happen, but if the customer isn't refunded or compensated, and the problems aren't fixed in the long term for future customers, how can this go on? Short term thinking simply does not work.

Just my 2 cents - from my pewny brain.

Old 08-24-2003, 02:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

SMITTY911, sorry to hear that...it is unreal how some people stay in business...and some times it seems the outcome of a court case depends on what kind of day the judge is haveing..

Ironrod, you are right, people should shut down their business when hitting rock bottom, instead they drag everyone down with them!!!
With my bussiness i will do anything to satisfy the customer, i do large volume deals that involve hundreds of thousands of dollars and i cant sleep until the mechandise is delivered..my customers are #1 and if i lose even one customer it would ruin not only my bussiness but also my bussiness reputation..buyers pop up everywhere, and if you dont deliver what you promise it will ALWAYS come back to haunt ya...
Even when we had the "long shoreman strike" I had merchandise stuck out on a boat and was really sweating it because i had a deadline, but we replace the product here domestically and still delivered, and if i wouldnt have, i would have been to blame even though it was a national hold-up...now some of these engine builders dont care when you need your motor, even if you have a whole trip planned out, they still do work at there own darn pace...who do they think they are...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2003, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

To echo Ann.. Now knowing the kind of work some of these people do if you get work done with them you deserve what you get. One big problem around here with business owners in general is they can screw someone out of their money and everyone else still goes to them. Then they expect sympathy when they get a raw deal. People need to stand up like Anni... and show these people their businesses will suffer if they do these dirty deeds[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img].

Justin