CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

WARNING!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!

Mario , I think your gonna have a tough nut to crack seeing you opened the cases, you'd have been better off to take him to court and opening it there with another mechanic to verify Sam's finding. I hope you can find a resolution to the situation , it really bites!

Just for the record, Sam delivered everything he promised me and I had a good experiance with him and love how my machine runs. His R&D has something to be desired but it's a shame with as few builders as there are for the DS that there is such a disproportionate number of problems - it's just knutz!!!

Old 08-21-2003, 10:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Didn't Scott (BigBaja) who took his DS personally to Sam Coe since he lived near by have problems with his bike when he got it back?

Old 08-21-2003, 11:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well let me be the frist to say majorecho you are one sharp cookie. But don't tell me or any one else what a snap it was to get your bike where it is today!! I know where your head came from thank god for friends !! I know pretty much what it took to get you where you are today.And ill be the frist to admitt im not in your leauge when it comes to engine building but i do know when only 1-2% of some ones engines pan out they $UCK!!!! And i have a complete 733 lying in ruins (the case has never been split) that samcoe built.and yes the shop that installed my kit stood behind all the defects they missed in the samcoe kit !!but they will not deal in samcoe products any more!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

PS i know you never said it was easy but you did make it sound that way!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2003, 11:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well i know that it costs a lot to work these engines, i remember one of azsands warnings right after his samcoe-- unless you have 2000 to waste don't use samcoe. he had to order a new engine, very calm for a man that could have been hurt very bad from all that flying metal. i know there isn't any promise on the higher preformance, engines but hey less than 30 minutes is bs, i have to go back on the houses i have my crews build for a year.

Old 08-21-2003, 11:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

MAJORECHO, congradulations, you are the first to say everything went smooth... i know you can probably build a motor from top to bottom. I will be the first to admit i am no mechanic...if he sent you a perfectly built motor i would be shocked..but if you say so, i believe you and it must have been very hard for Sam to part with it!!!!LOL

I guess 1 satisfied customer out of every 100 is pretty good for little ol sammy boy..personally i do not think it will be that hard of a nut to crack, and if i had to wait and keep my motor together for a few months until we get legal on him it would not be worth it for me, i would rather take it to a real mechanic and be riding before DUMONT season..

I tried to get my lawyer to come on the forum but he wouldnt, from what im gathering california has some pretty different laws about mechanics in my favor compared to Utah or Nevada..

Old 08-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Range Rover

Well my 733 runs strong and i bought my kit from samcoe, but it was everything but smooth getting this kit to work! Thank god i did all the engine work myself, because i found lots of problems with the kit and had to rectify them all myself! Ive told my story numerous times in past posts so i wont get into details! All i can say is i feel your pain annihilater! It took me 6 months to get my motor done because of all the problems i had! Good luck!

Old 08-22-2003, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

MAJORECHO, didn't you spend two days at fourstrokewars taking your motor apart again and again looking for a knock to find out that you ended up with more compression than you were led to believe? I know that's nowhere in league with a grenading engine but mystery compression from an engine builder sounds sloppy. In fact I'm surprised he let's DS engines out of his shop with all the bad things posted about his work. It sounds like attention to detail and R&D are just a coupe of his weak suites.

Old 08-22-2003, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

As far as SAMCOE goes I feel that he does not pay attension to detail. The first time he put my bike together (720 kit) the piston was hitting the head which cracked the piston and blew the head gasket. The second time (720 kit + Stage 3 head) he did not set the valve height correctly and the valves were hitting the piston, plus he left out the 2 bolts at the base of the cylinder and the top motor mount bolt was missing. Both times he put my topend together he did not use any Locktite on the cam gear bolts. I tore the topend down as soon as I got the bike back (4 weeks late) as corrected all the problems before I ran the engine. I will say that Sam did warranty his kit and he did do some extra work for free, but what good is it when you have to redo it all to make it right. Mario I hope things work out for you!! call me if I can help.

Old 08-22-2003, 01:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

A hyper link of this thread has been e-mailed to my friends. It is up to them to read it and make up there own mind as to if they want to use Sam Coe in the future!

I have a technical question on Sam's kits - Doesn't he use a Yamaha Rod on one of his kits (which one 730??? - I guess it must be because the 720 isn't stroked???) Anyways, have any of you looked at the Yamaha forum where people that have heavily modified their quad (say with the power equal to that of a 730 DS) found they need to change the Rod because it is prone to failure??? Mario, you may want to do a search on this (if I am correct) and show it to your lawyer!

Mario, did you ask "The Engine Builder" (R.M.) if he would be willing to testify for you?

On a good note, Man, I can't wait to meet the new ones and see the old friends again next weekend at Sand Mt. It's going to be a great gathering!

Old 08-22-2003, 04:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

[quote]
[i]Originally posted by: [b]Johnnyairtime[ I'm on both sides here... only because with one story, there's two sides to it. We're only hearing Ann..er's story. I believe you ... and your story, but maybe there's more to it. Here's why I say this;

Ann..er, You mentioned that you ran the bike and immediately shut it down due to noise. Now... there was damage done the second you hit the starter. Whether or not the parts were new, they'd be immediately damaged (more or less depending on the part and it's function to the motor running). Also... you said you took pictures to prove the damage. How does the court/attorneys know those aren't old parts from your buddies bike?? Or even parts you've removed from a previous motor or bike? There's nothing to prove it but your and your mechanics word. Which is hopefully enough to stand strong in court for your sake.

ANNIHILATERs thoughts, I respect that you remain nuetral and on both sides, But here are the facts:

Well, ALL of these people are credible hard working bombardier fanatics, 99% of people have had major problems with Samcoe kits and his work. how much more could someone need to prove that SAMCOE is not a man of his word????

There is one thing that a person has in life to prove themselves , AND THAT IS THEIR WORD, if a person cannot stand by their word, what do they have?

DUNEME, thanks for the info about the yamaha rod and other threads, it all helps... and your right Jeff told me that it looked like a yamaha rod, and SAM told me it was a custom made carrillo rod[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I will call carrillo and ask them if they have made any rods for the ds lately, and i will make note of this.

Quick Reply: WARNING!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!