CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Friends or Foe

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friendsor Foe

I've had my Bombardier since June and only have ridden it 2 times. My friend and i went to the trails and I let him use my bike. He flipped my bike within 5mins of being down there. I was pissed. He bent my steering stem, broke my bars and broke a tierod and a Brake lever. I decided that since it was broke anyway I would replace those parts with better ones and add some stuff. i ordered all my parts from Alba Action which included Extended Roll Design stem, X factor nerf bars, Renthal handle bars, and clamp, K&N filter, Carbon fiber battery cover, and a alba graphic kit, and a Brake lever. I order the Tie rod from a local Cycle World. I brought the manual form CW also. The kicker is Alba has yet to send me my parts, they keep saying they have everything but my Stem. They said Roll Design doesn't make them unless the orders pile up, then they make a batch of them, is that true. Also Cycle World has lost the tie rod and won't tell me what happend. This realy sucks. Im confused I thought at the most it would be a 2 weeks this is insane. Why do they lie like this. Cycle world is a BOmb dealer, they said the tierod is on back order. This is the last time I order from Alba or Cycle World.

Old 08-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friends or Foe

This is very typical of parts shops. You have two choices:
1. Suck it up and wait for those shops to ship your order.
2. Cancel the order(s) make sure you get your money back then order somewhere else.

Be aware, that if you wait, it can take a LONG time. If you don't wait, your goal will be to find someone who has the parts in stock and can ship them out right away. (Yes, there is still the possibility they will say they have them and then not ship them and you'll be in the same boat.) However, if you call and ask if they have the parts in stock first then at least you have a better chance of getting those parts quickly. You could also break up the order between a couple of shops who have the parts in stock, however you pay more in shipping. If you opt to break up the order, perhaps you could have Alba send what they have in stock, candel everything they are waiting on and find those parts elsewhere.

The ordering parts & waiting to see if they ever ship game is very old, tired and is still in use by many, many shops today. Some people have found a couple of shops here and there that are able to ship parts without a long delay on a regular basis.

I'll list a couple of shops which *I* have personally had good luck with (I'm sure there is always someone who had a bad experience at every shop - however if they come out good more often than bad that is the best bet.)

Rocky Mountain ATV - this company has come through shipping my orders VERY proply each time I order. I must admit, I have never ordered anything 'tough to get or exotic.'

On Dunes Performance - The owner of this site prides himself on customer service and only sells stuff he can get access to quickly for a good turn around. He stocks some of the more 'exotic' parts. Every time I deal with this guy the deal goes down well, so I'm a happy customer.

TBR Products - I haven't dealt with them personally, I know some people have had trouble with this company in the past however they came through in a major way for one of the forum members - I am 95% sure they make sttering stems for the DS so they are worth a call. If they come through for you half as good as they did for KMDuner I think you'll be happy.

TVI Power & Sports - Again I haven't dealt with this company personally however I know a few people who have and everything seems to be very positive. The guy who runs this shop is very into DS650s and if you can't find a part he can probably help you find it.

There are several other companies whom people have had good experiences with however I don't know who all of them are. It didn't sound like you were buying 'engine power' type parts so I left out the companies who I believe deal more specifically with those parts.

I'm sure some of the other forum members will be able to jump in and recommend other companies whom they've had good experiences with as well.