CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

bought some slightly worn paddles, are they gonna work ok?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought some slightly worn paddles, are they gonna work ok?

hey everyone, i got a deal on a set of tires n rims for duning, i'm gonna have to swap the rims so they'll fit on my ds but here's the question, the set i bought is a set of sand skate 2's, and they are a bit worn but still have plenty of paddle left on them, they were last used on a banshee, but i don't think that matters, either way i'm hoping that they'll be better then the set of ghecko's i was running before, so will these used paddles still work better then those lame **** ghecko's? thoughts anyone? let em flow.....joshiepoo...

Old 09-30-2003, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Got a pic of them? The big way to tell is how much of the edge is left. If you have a sharp edge then they will be good. If you have a dull edge and its worn, well it will be just ok. I know guys that refuse to ride thier DS with paddles on the pavement in order to save that edge. It makes a huge difference.

Old 10-01-2003, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

You guys are lucky to have places to ride where you don't need to ride across pavement. I'm looking into building a motorized barstool so I don't have to either sacrifice my parking spot or ride my DS a mile on pavement just to get some food at Little Sahara, OK.
Allright, I'm done now.

Sand Skates are pretty soft and lose their edge quickly. If they were that cheap, buy some rims and take 'em for a ride and see what you think. I've ridden with paddles in new condition that I still hated.

Old 10-01-2003, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

You should have kept the crap a$$ Geckos that I gave you. That way you still have a excuse for not keeping up with the rest of us...LOL...Maybe a XL set of Cajones should be on your XMAS list? Just my 2 cents

Old 10-01-2003, 01:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

I use the sand skate II's on my 03 Baja and they work great. They are fairly new and I won't ride them on pavement . They took me up choke cherry and Devils Bowl at St. Anthony last week without any trouble.

Old 10-01-2003, 02:00 AM
Range Rover

well comparing them to a new set ive seen online in the ads, they've lost a bit of paddle height where the v is on the paddle, but it looks close to full height out toward the edges, but like ironrod mentioned, the edge is pretty round when i look at em, i'm not worried about that edge now but i just want to make sure they're better then the lame a$$ gheckos i had on there before, oh and rims, i'm just swapping the set i had the gheckos on, soooo any thoughts on the traction difference between them? thanks y'all, joshiepoo....P.S. see ya at dumont the 10th thru the 12th.....

Old 10-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

MY FIRST SET OF PADDLES WERE SAND DEVILS THEY GOT THE JOB DONE BUT WHEN DRAG RACING THE JUST DUG A BIG HOLE SO THEN I BOUGHT 22X11X10 HAULERS AND THATS WHAT I HAVE OWNED EVER SINCE THE DS IS JUST TO BIG FOR A 20IN PADDLE A 22 IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO I TRAIL RIDE AT LITTLE SAHARA OK DRAG RACE AND DO EVERTHING WITH THESE TIRES THEY TURN WITH NO PROBLEM IN MY OPINION 22 IN TALL TIRES ARE THE ONLY WAY TO GO