CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

yoshimura slip on yes or no

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 03:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yoshimura slip on yes or no

just wondering whos running a yoshi and how you feel, pro or con. I have heard good about the R&D they put into their product, and the fit and finish. I have searched the subject but there is not to much new there. I am tossed between the HMF and the yoshi. money sense says go with the HMF, but I have heard alot of good about yoshimura from outside the atv market.

Old 02-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

I for one am a Yoshi fan. But I really dont think much of any slip on for the DS as far as power is concerned. The end cap mod seems to be getting better results for a lot less money. But the end cap mods will increase the noise and eliminate your spark arrestor. Other full pipes seem to be a lot better from the horsepower standpoint. The Ron Wood Racing pipe (high RPM) is good and the Big Gun (mid and low RPM) pipe is good. There have been some historic problems with the Big Gun as far it it holding together. LTE is supposed to have a full dual exhaust but now there is no ETA on those.

Hope that helps!

Old 02-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer

I considered a modifed end cap, but I ride all summer in the mtns of southern utah and spark arrester is needed. I am not real interested in a real loud pipe either.

Old 02-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

I understand the need for a spark arrested pipe thats somewhat quiet. Im just not sure you'll see any performance gain with any slip on. However, the Yoshi pipe does look good.

Old 02-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You should email Hightower, he's had the Yoshi pipe & he can probably give you some good insigt on it. I know he liked it very well, however he REALLY didn't like their lack of customer service.

The HMF is a pretty nice deal, since you can still choose what color you want for it.

I've got the WB E-series, which is pretty cool, (still looks great after two and a half years) with 18 discs it has the same top end power as the billet end cap but it doesn't have the low-mid that the billet end cap has. I think last weekend when they did the dyno testing they said the HMF did more or less on par with the end cap, however I don't recall anyone saying if that was spark arrested or not - I'm going to guess not spark arrested for the test.

Old 02-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

The HMF was not spark arrested because of the fuel sniffer in the end of the pipe. The new HMF now comes with a spark arrester.

J Ross

Old 02-07-2004, 06:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yes I liked the Yoshimura, no real complaints there, very nice pipe. extremely light, and tuneable end cap is a plus with removable sparky. pretty pipe too. customer serive severely lacking, but I soon found out that it wasn't any worse than White Bros. service.
I have the Whte Bros. E-Series pro-megaphone now because I wanted a disk system. the quality of is very good too, and the stainless steel used on the tailpipe is the highest qualty I've seen - it doesn't seem to want to change colors and has maintained its like new appearance all winter even through lots of snow riding. I run 18 disks too.
I used to have a RWR system too, but it was before I changed my motor inside, so whatever benefits it has to offer never showed though for me in the real feel world of riding, and I soon realized that I never want to be without stainless steel again and went back to the stock header and slipon. I am planning on ceramic coating the stock header to get the cooling pluses thouhg, I miss how cool the RWR pipe ran.

Old 02-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Hightower, I guess we could have a HMF / Yoshimura pipe shoot out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

J Ross

Old 02-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info Hightower. I have heard lots good about HMF. only real negative is they are not USFS approved (yet). I have heard pretty good things about the stock header and the only real negative is what Ironrod posted. Does the ceramic coating help flow or just help cool the pipe?

Old 02-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Trailblazer

3TV I know you ride in some of the same areas that I do. Have you ever had forest service mess with you for not having USFS approved pipe? I know its been crazy on the mtn the last couple of years with the fire restictions and all. But I have never been stopped or checked for anything, but I am running all stock. I mostly ride in the Duck Creek area though although I have made it to Marysvale.

Quick Reply: yoshimura slip on yes or no