CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

@#$% ebay!! How do I file a complaint? Who lives in San Jose?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default @#$% ebay!! How do I file a complaint? Who lives in San Jose?

I got screwed on ebay today. I bought an item with "Buy it now," sent the check, and now today I find out my seller went and sold the item to somebody else yesterday!! I can't find where I send in a complaint. Anybody know?

The seller lives in San Jose, CA. Do I contact authorities there, or in my hometown?

So you don't think I'm overreacting, we're not talking about a Beanie Baby here. The item in question was supposed to be mine for $3,600.

Old 02-22-2004, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

If you just sent the check...cancell the check! Call your bank and see what they can do. The faster the better

Old 02-22-2004, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply.
It's a certified check. I think he'll send it back, but that's not the point. I want the item. It was a good deal, and everyone involved knows it. The other buyer stole my good deal, even though I got to the "buy it now" first. Man, this has me mad.

Old 02-22-2004, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Cool at least it wasnt a scam me out my money story.

Old 02-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

I'm with Hurycne, this is the happiest pizzed off story I've heard relating to E-bay.

I sold a 4x4 (suzuki sam, SB400, L.C drivetrain, 40" tires) on ebay a few years back, but the climate has changed so much I don't know if I would buy/sell a large ticket item again -- if its sight unseen or not picked up in person, I keep the price at what I can afford to loose.

Congrats for getting to keep your cash, bummer on the blown good deal.....

jbt

Old 02-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

j/w....what were you going to buy eh?

Old 02-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

A truck. I'll cost me at least $6000 to get a comparable one.
I got screwed selling a motorcycle three years ago. That one ended up costing me $350.

As of now, the guy still has my money. He SAID he'd return it, but I am finished believing what he tells me.

I'm pretty well just going to have to drop it, assuming the money gets back to me. There's just no good way to make people honest anymore. A man's word used to be enough, but now even a contract (which an ebay deal is supposed to be) doesn't even guarantee somebody will hold up their end of a deal.

You guys are good for helping me keep some perspective. I'm not really out anything except time and irritation, so long as my money does actually get returned. Sure is a lot of irritation, though.

Old 02-23-2004, 03:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'd still contact eBay about it, this affects the ability of eBay to be a reputable business place. They have to atack this sort of thing. Don't let it go without eBay knowing.

Old 02-23-2004, 03:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Bigben- As long as you get your $$$ back, be happy. Sometimes i wonder about Ebay. I have been burned a few times. I will no longer buy anything that i can not pay for with paypal. The guy probaly changed his mind and wants more money. I sometimes think that a friend of the seller will drive the prices up in the last few minutes.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

The problem with EBay is that you never know who the guy is on the other end. They can have a great reputation, and then decide to screw someone, take the money and run. Then they start over with a fresh ID. I can tell you it's not always the seller either. Lots of people win a bid, and never pay. Then, if you're the seller, you have to pay for the listing service, even though the winning bidder never paid. Have you guys ever looked at how many Banshee parts there are on EBAY? I know a lot of younger guys with Banshees that get their parts on EBAY all the time. About 1/5th of the time they get screwed, send the money, and never get the part - For some reason they still buy on EBAY - Go figure. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]