CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sand Mt Nv this past weekend WOW

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004 | 08:31 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Sand Mt Nv this past weekend WOW

well it was my first time there and wow.. im just pissed that im only 2.5 hrs away and just now went there.. saw lots on nice machines
major rails seen a few Baja's like mine only wish id have had time to meet some of the folks there but i wasent there 2 mins and ran mine off into a blind dranage ditch and rolled my handel bars over and then once i got my bike fixed i had to take myself into the Dr to get my eye and nose stitched up thank God for Helmets and a friend that was and EMT.. man that sucked but it could have been worse now i just have a major scare to show for my first time there LOL but anyway i was just wondering if any of you guys where there this last week end of the 5th 6th and 7th ?? i plan on going back on the first week or two of April and camp for a few days as i have some time off then any way sorry about the ramble just wanted to share about a wonderful time..
SDee

Old 03-08-2004 | 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

My friends and I are going for Memorial day weekend, I have never been and can't wait for the experience. Do you have any advice on planning our trip, we already have hotel reservations and plan on camping on the sand for as much time as we can stand before we retreat back to the hotel.

Old 03-08-2004 | 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

what hotel are you at and what is the camping like? I am wanting to go but i think i am going to miss easter because the bike, but is memorial the next best time,im looking for some good competition when they are some fast bikes..

hope you guy's can help me out,will be with a few other from the forums..

Old 03-08-2004 | 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Memorial day at sand mt is suposed to be really wild, 3k+ people and this year some of the fastest banshees on the west coast are suposed to be there. A friend of mine is almost finished with a 540cc drag bike and he's going for the race action. It's kinda hard to find anyone to compete with a bike that wild. I'm looking forward to just doing some riding on new sand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We made reservations at the motel6, not sure about the sand camping but from what I have learned it's going to be pretty hot during the day. Beer, fire, noise is all ok. I would like to know what facilities are close? ie: food, restrooms, showers, beer.... anyone know??

Old 03-09-2004 | 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Any Nevada guys with information??

Old 03-10-2004 | 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

I have never been to Sand Mtn Nv. I think that's the weekend all the big Banshee builders come to run, A&S, Rudy Kurtz, K&T, Packard, Patriot racing and many others. If you see them advertise in Dirtwheels they aren't contenders for the most part. The guys who don't advertise are the real builders.. They don't have to advertise..

Old 03-11-2004 | 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Spin Cycle...

I've been to Sand Mountain, Nevada. The closest services (i.e., food, gas, lodging, etc.) are in Fallon, which is about thirty miles away. The only restrooms at the mountain are 2 outhouses. The riding's a TON of FUN though![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]