CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

50mm lectron

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50mm lectron

I have found a fantastic deal on a 50mm lectron. I currently am installing the oversized valves and seats. I will be utilizing Mr. Horsepowers lightened 14:1 piston. Im setting this bike up for drag only, and I was wondering if anyone else has found this monster to be toooooooo much carb for a single cylinder. I have all the porting and polishing done, along with the cdi, exhaust, springs blah , blah, blah, (you know). I realize this carb will lose some on bottom, but in the higher rpm's, it should sing. If I purchase this monster, I have already designed, in my head, a custom intake manifold that will not only work, but will change the angle in which it is attached to the head, so I can get a better tapered intake tube to fit. I do have the means to make this. So, if anyone has any input on the carb, please let me know. Its hard to pass up the deal.

Thanks,
Gary

Old 03-11-2004, 10:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default 50mm lectron

Dstroyer i have and do use 48mm's on my stageIII's with no problem. I run a 52MM efi throttle body on my pami with great results. So i dought a 50mm throttlebody will be too much for your setup.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 50mm lectron

I think it was KMDuner or whatever name he was using a year or two back when he ran that 44mm Lectron that sparked my interest. I guess these Lectrons just seem interesting to me because they aren't the same old deal.

DStroyer,

You are telling us you have the means to produce a tapered intake tube - mind if I ask what sort of machine that takes, or is a custom 1-off kind of job? Ever since I bought my first DS in 2001 I've always though that when people complained about the intake boot collapsing etc that all someone needs to do is make a replacement and that should work very well. I heard that MarkyNark might be releasing a tapered intake tube that is larger and is made for use with a larger filter, which soulds like a nice idea - having more air available seems like a good thing assuming it's fed correctly.

Old 03-11-2004, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default 50mm lectron

Thanks for the input guys. I think I will go ahead and get the 50. I will have to make the intake manifold and tube, but it should be worth the time.
black hawk. I own a cnc machine shop with turning, milling and grinding. I have a great idea for the intake manifold that would be a 4 piece welded construction that would be able to fit any size carb, with a change of a few numbers. As far as the intake tube goes. We will be making a 3 piece part out of 1/16 alum sheet metal. Im going to fit it with the largest air filter I can find and stuff that puppy under the seat where the old air box used to be. There is a K&n filter off a chevy truck that I might use. It has a 5inch opening that would be tappered down thru the tube to the 50mm intake on the carb. I dont think this is anything new, Ive heard alot of people are working on it, but I could never leave well enough alone. I seem to have a fever for getting this thing to rip, just ask my wife. She is tired of me always tinkering and talking about it.

Thanks again,

Gary

Old 03-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default 50mm lectron

Does anyone else have any pros, or cons they want to share before I get the 50mm lectron. Thanks again for the help,

Gary

Old 03-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default 50mm lectron

I would enjoy hearing how it works out for you. Keep us informed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2004, 01:44 AM
Trailblazer
Default 50mm lectron

what i would like to now is it going to be forced feed ? you know with like a shroud that will induct AIR. we all know its a big motor and can handle great volume. but do you think you can manage a carb and intake that could work together to produce more horsepower. just my thoughts thanks for your replieses