CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who Owns the Busa powered DS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Owns the Busa powered DS?

Wouldn't it be nice if Bombardier quit messing around and just built a twin Rotax DS and got it over with?

Old 06-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, really.

Old 06-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: KGB
Annihilator, he is bumming big time. see if you can help him.
What's up with selector?

I'm thinking the same way as bigger. For the price of a cheap performance build you could put in some real power, but it's not the same.

Psyco the idea of a turbine has crossed my mind.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2004, 04:32 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Bigger, be sure to keep us posted on your progress. I've considered doing something like this for a couple years but don't have the time for the project. Are you going to run a tank under the seat? Will the airbox fit under the stock DS tank cover? I think too much low end may be detrimental and cause you to flip over when not expecting it. I think the 954 might be a more rideable package and you may get away with a shorter swingarm while still having plenty on tap for drags or hillshooting.

Old 06-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mystereid
Bigger, be sure to keep us posted on your progress. I've considered doing something like this for a couple years but don't have the time for the project. Are you going to run a tank under the seat? Will the airbox fit under the stock DS tank cover? I think too much low end may be detrimental and cause you to flip over when not expecting it. I think the 954 might be a more rideable package and you may get away with a shorter swingarm while still having plenty on tap for drags or hillshooting.

My plan is to have a custom air intake made and hidden underneath the stock gas tank cover, then have a gas tank biult for under the seat. But depending on how this motor fits, I may be able to Make a custom air intake and make it work with the factory air box. then either use or make a Gas tank in the origional location. Ofcorse alot will depend on how the Engine fits into the frame. My biggest challange will be to make custom wiring harnesses , so i can mount the electronics in the places out on the way. I do not want anything looking "cluttered" or just slapped in thier. The exhaust will also be custom made to mount in the origional location aswell. I plan on keeping with my 4" swing-arm.

Bigger.

Old 06-03-2004, 11:49 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

Selector is having issues with his cams and can not get it to start with the new cams he just bought.

Old 06-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

this may be stupid question.. but what is a busa or hayabuse? I know its an engine right? but is it special or something and who makes it?

Old 06-03-2004, 12:04 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Hyabusa is the fastest production street bike tin the world, a 1300 cc Suzuki.
Its also the name of the Japanese space ship, a sword, and a Japanese train.

Old 06-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

A BUSA you ask....?

Well It's actually a Hayabusa, built by Suzuki. It's the Fastest sport bike ever put into production on the planet. The Busa comes with over 160hp to the rear wheels and is only about 520lbs wet.

I've got one in my garage [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My Busa dyno'd at 174hp to the rear wheels. I have a Yoshimira Stainless RS3 racing exhaust and a DynoJet PCIIIr computer with custom mapping. I can tell you from experience that I have never felt anything in my life as fast as these bikes. I've raced Boats, cars and even Quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Quite frankly, I don't see how these bikes are legal. I mean that.

You know that initial planted-in-seet feeling you get from your VERY fast quads when you dump the clutch....???....? Times that by 10 and then try to imagine the power NEVER stopping and only getting stronger to 150mph (maybe even higher, but you're concentrating to much on the road and forget the speed). This weekend a whole butt load of us took a trip down to the GRAND CANYON CAVERNS and back. We did 160+ MANY TIMES DURING THE TRIP. GPS backed up our numbers with 163's and 164's. Could have been some higher, but I don't know. We had some pretty good wind both cross and head, that made things kind of crazy at high speeds. I can tell you that once you are going that fast, the center line becomes solid and things get pretty interesting. Not a lot of time to peak down at your speedo, cus things come up real quick. 1999, the manufactures came up with a handshake deal to keep the bikes limited electronicly (in 6th gear) to 187. This happened due to the government applying heavy pressure to all parties involved. In 2000 all new BUSA's were limited and thus the top speed war ended with no competitors in sight. MANY 1999 Busas have been clocked at 200+ in stock trim and up to 215 with simple computer and exhaust mods. No bike in history has ever been so exstensively tested in the wind tunnel as the BUSA. The stock hp numbers don't take into account the RAM air system at speeds over 75mph, let alone at 187mph.

oh.... before I go nuts here.... That's what a busa is.

Bigdaddy

Old 06-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

the new kawasaki street bike is putting out 146 HP i heard, that is pretty quick.not faster then the busa but fast enough for me...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Who Owns the Busa powered DS?