CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anybody have trouble getting an oil filter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody have trouble getting an oil filter?

There is a new dealer in my area. In April, I decided to give a try, I told them I needed 2 parts by a certain date because of I ride I had planned ( 2 weeks notice) they said no problem, I contacted them several times asking " are they here yet?" they kept telling me tomorrow for sure...the parts never came in until after my ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] they said it was Bombardier's fault....

I decided to give them another chance, only this time an oil filter. I ordered it May 24th, they said they will have it in 3 days. I went there on June 3rd to pick it up, they said it was on backorder, but should be here tomorrow, I went yesterday June 11, still no filter...If there are any dealers out there, let me know if these guys are pulling my leg or you really can't get filters.. This is the longer filters, from 2001 to date, so you would think this item would be available... so far I got about $10 in gas trying to get this filter. I will call before I go back.....if I go back

Old 06-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, that sounds all too typical order half a dozen or so from Gary , you'll have a years supply and that way the freight is minimal.

Old 06-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

yah, i have the same problem with a dealer in Texas, on december of 2003 i ordered a head bolt, an exaust shield for my mid - pipe, a shop manuel, and a battery................one week later i cancelled my head bolt because they said it was on backorder, i went to another dealer in ada oklahoma and recieved the head bolt two days later.....lol...in febuary of 2004 they sent me my package and said it was all there and when i opened the package it was the head bolt that i cancelled two months before ....lol..soooo i just said f/I and quit calling them.....THEN in april of 2004 they called me to tell me my battery was in so i went down there to see what goat roping contest i won, and sure enuff , NO BATTERY........but they did get in my heat shield to bad it was the wrong color......lol.....i never did here back from them about the battery , shop manuel, or the right color heat shield....i ended up getting it all from the dealer in ada, it took three days to get it shipped to them.....ill never go back to the one in shermen tx.

Old 06-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

My dealer is the best. If I order stuff on Monday, it always arrives on my doorstep by friday. Oh yeah, they ship me my parts for free because they are 80 miles away. I think the reason they are so good is because they are a john deere dealer. They have to deal with farmers all day long and couldn't stay in business if they treated customers like atv shops do. Our local kawi, yamaha, harley dealer is huge and they take weeks to get parts and it is not uncommon for a quad to be in their shop for six months. I don't understand why they insist on treating people like that.

Justin

Old 06-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

yah, ive gotten where i only order my oil and filters from tvi, the funny thing is he's on the other side of the country from me and i still get my stuff within three to four days at the worst.....im kinda funny like that, if u treat me good or at least decent....money really doesnt effect where i buy my stuff,as long as gary and tvi has great customer service ill be getting everthing i can through them...

Old 06-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Range Rover

The dealer by me, is slow too. If they don't have it, it will be about 2 weeks to get parts also. As far as not having the oil filter, that just sounds like the dealer not keeping the proper inventory. I got tired of dealing with driving down to the dealer everytime I needed a $12 stock filter. I purchased the Scott's washable oil filter, it's great.

Old 06-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

They told me they would call me back today and let me know what is going on with my order, they never did.

Also, I ordered parts from the quad parts guy off ebay 12 days ago, I have not got those yet..

I was just wanting to know if filters were really on backorder from Bombardier..this sounds odd to me. It seems the only time I get stuff on time, is when I buy from other forum members. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

i've never really had any problems with my dealer, they always get it within a day or 2, if i call in the mournin before 10am they can usually have it by the next day

Old 06-13-2004, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

My dealer in Michigan has always been great, but it is 45 miles away....screw these guys by me.....IF anybody in IN. does a dealer search and you get Bear Mountain outfitters, watch out, they have no clue.. 2 strikes and they are out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

How many do you want? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Anybody have trouble getting an oil filter?