CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where would you move out west?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where would you move out west?

Anyone familiar with Wild West Motorsports in WY? Also, can anyone give me the names of some newspapers out there? Thanks again.

Old 07-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Wyoming is a great place,,,,but why do you think nobody lives there?
Because it is so freakin' cold. I lived in Wyoming for 5 years. It is the coldest, windiest, longest winter, (ah, but it is a dry cold!) No one lasts up there. Jackson Hole is pretty groovy, and they know it $$.
I first moved up there in June....It snowed 7" in my front yard.

Colorado has a reasonable winter, and a good economy,,,,,but they can be pretty liberal too....

Arizona has a good economy, get out of the desert and it's pretty nice. AZ is only about half desert.
AZ is quite conservative, and you can license ATVs for the street. Phoenix is huge.

Utah has that damn mormon thing, but if you live in Southern Utah, you can always pop down to Vegas to keep your sanity. It is conservative, no hippies, and family values are over the top. And great riding.

Nevada has its pluses and minuses like everywhere else. Not the best place to raise kids. Gotta keep your daughters off the "pole" as Chris Rock says.

California has too many people and too many laws.

Oregon has too many hippies and liberals.

Montana has that cold thing, but not as bad as Wyoming (Wyoming is very high in elevation as well as being right on the rockies and pretty far north.)

Southern New Mexico rates pretty high with me, but the economy is weak, jobs and money are scarce.
Northern New Mexico, well, I think I have said enough about that ****hole.

Old 07-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

http://www.rocketminer.com/ a real wild west town. It was on TV show City Confidential. It did have drugs problem it is a mine town.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I moved to Washington 15 years ago from Lousiana - Texas area. Love life since then!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

norther utah is a great place to ride all kinds of diffrent terrian and if you want to go swimming just drive right over to bear lake. or if you like idaho a added bonus is you can get your bikes street leagal without putting anything stupid on. only a plate and you have to take a hand signals class. my brother in law drove his banshee to work on the highway[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2004, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

Riding on the streets...LOL, that'd give police heart attacks here. Reminds me of being chased on my dirt bike as a kid by park rangers when they saw me riding on the streets. All of those states have +/-. Right now I'm trying to find link to newspapers in those states so I can check out the jobs, as well as read about local news to see what's going on (like what problems they are having). I found real estate listings for them already, and WY seems to be more expensive than the rest. Found some great sites with pics of the states too, kids like what they see.

Old 07-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

what kind of a job are you looking for.

Old 07-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, that's a good question. I've done alot of things....let's see.....right now I own a repair shop/ towing business/gas station (ya, I do some work on cars and drive the trucks too),.....b4 that I practiced law for several years here (then got tired of slimy attorneys so left the field)...b4 that was criminal investigator, dir. of security, been a firefighter/ EMT/ Haz Mat tech.... Most of the jobs I've seen posted in those states relate to the medical field. May have to take few years of school to get job in that area I guess, but would be worth it to finally head west.

Old 07-08-2004, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

If it were me I'd opt for mt. or nv., maybe Id. been all over the U.S. when I was in military, these are the states I WILL set up shop in the near future, right now I reside in Ia.. If I ever get the wife to see it my way we will moveto one of these states, there are always good and bad parts of a state as far as crime, jobs or whatever, but almost anything west of the miss. river and east of the extreme west coast would certainly be better than Md.

Old 07-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Wyoming is a great place,,,,but why do you think nobody lives there?
Because it is so freakin' cold. I lived in Wyoming for 5 years. It is the coldest, windiest, longest winter, (ah, but it is a dry cold!) No one lasts up there. Jackson Hole is pretty groovy, and they know it $$.
I first moved up there in June....It snowed 7" in my front yard. fourlix

Just keep thinking that way, you have to be, well not soft to live here. Not giving you sh*t either.

later

Quick Reply: Where would you move out west?