CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TM 45 users please speak up (have a few ???'s)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM 45 users please speak up (have a few ???'s)

i am looking into gettin a new carb. Right now im looking at the TM 45 (was looking at 44/46 lectrons but i want info on the 45 only right now)
How do you rate yours overall? Worth the investment? Easy to tune? holds a tune well?

How does it do power wise (anyone know an exact HP number?)

I have two buddies with yfz's...both weigh about as much as a sack of potatoes... probably 150-160 each. (im 230)
Both are piped. i havnt gotten to race them since piped...but before, with my mods (no ported intake/cdi) against there stock machines it was pretty even...

Im wondering how effective this carb is at waking up the ds a bit more. (i want to be able to quiet both of them for just a little while until they add a filter or somthin and smoke me again lol) how do your DS' with 45's comapre to comparable YFZ's/ 450r's?

i have HMF/cdi/KN/ported intake (anyone similar to that?)

I hadnt put much thought into this carb as i heard one or two people bad mouth it compared to the 46hv..but i was enlightened as to the trail- ability of this carb.
overall im looking for good power gains, somthing that maintains its tune, is easy to tune (i have been finding the stock carb finicky) and dosnt have any ill-effects for all kinds of riding (i do a lot of trails/fields and some dunes)

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Old 07-02-2004, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

i run a tm45 and im very happy with it.once u get it tuned u really dont have to mess with it unless u make some more upgrades...it is real easy to tune. some run with and some run without the accel pump. right now mine is tuned almost ***** on so i really dont notice that im not running the accel pump. i bought it instead of the lectron because i do ride some trails and i didnt like the idea of some of the guys running the lectrons were having there throttle stuck wide open..... but now im more into h.p. so i tying to sell mine and get a lectron 48....u might want to talk to some of the guys that have had both to compare. good luck roost.

Old 07-02-2004, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

thebigshow, if u do decide to sell it let me know,

Old 07-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i bought mine before the lectron thing hit. if you go back there was a thread on the power difference, between the two it wasn't hugh but it was there. but to be honest is a carb going to give you what you really want? the power is there to do what you want, cape blanco has a nice set up for a guy your size

Old 07-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
i bought mine before the lectron thing hit. if you go back there was a thread on the power difference, between the two it wasn't hugh but it was there. but to be honest is a carb going to give you what you really want? the power is there to do what you want, cape blanco has a nice set up for a guy your size

I dont know if the carb will give me what i want.. thats why im asking to see what people got out of it (besides just the power) What is cape blanco?

Old 07-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

on the stage 2 i went back to stock , on the 720 it ok. the biggest changes were race head and nitrous. the nitrous being cheap and fun. base kit is 650 think the full deal with all the bells and goodies is 1000. you will notice that power difference. the carb i thought was weak.

Old 07-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

I put a HMF slip-on and TM45 carb with KN in box no lid,Major difference.I have the accellarator pump on mine.If you look around(on here)you can find a used one fairly reasonable![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 07-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

hmm... well if im spending 350-700 on a carb i dont want to be dissapointed with it.... (will probably be my last major upgrade)

martianman: did you do all the mods at once, or one at a time? if you did them sep. how did you like the difference between TM and stock carb?

Sandman, is it that you just didnt feel enough extra power to warrant keeping the TM on? (or somthing specific you didnt like about it?)

What did your race head cost you? who did it? what all is involved in it?

Old 07-03-2004, 03:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Roost,

The TM45 -is- a good carburetor. There aren't any real bugs with it, the key is getting it setup right, which is also key with the Lectron.

I did all of my mods one at a time, and nothing made as much improvement as the carburetor did. Which ever carburetor you get it WILL be the biggest improvement you can get thus far. If you get your intake ported first, you can make either carburetor 'seem' cheaper since you don't have to pay for that at the same time. I bought all of my stuff piece by piece because it's hard to blow a grand or two all at once.

Old 07-03-2004, 11:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider

if set up right it works great, but my test system was based on lining up with the ex and if she beat me, it told me what mod was the best, i put the stage 2 on her machine when i went to the 720, and let the stock carb stay on hers she has had good luck with it.

Quick Reply: TM 45 users please speak up (have a few ???'s)