CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bad News....BigWaynes 760 Stolen.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad News....BigWaynes 760 Stolen.......

It sucks that it would have to come down to a law suit against the PD for not bothering to do their job, but I guess in this time of the world where a person actually excels by doing their job properly and the 'norm' is the type of person who does the right thing only 75% of the time and the other 25% they can slack off and not get fired, law suits seem to be the only way to get people to friggen work.

Many criminals are stupid, but most aren't dumb enough to just 'admit' to a crime because the police are at the door. If this guy knows how the Tulsa PD works then he already knows he is safe.

Old 10-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Tulsa Police Dept continue to **** me off.
My homeowners ins said they would cover my non ATV related stuff, such as tools, clothes and stuff like that. My insurance lady just called me and it says on the report my stuff was recovered, all $775 worth. I asked the lady if she thought a 4x4 truck, trailer and 2 quads plus gear and tools was worth 775! The truck was recovered, but I would think it was worth more than that. The Insurance lady told me I had to get this problem fixed before I can claim my tools.

Old 10-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

typical. they want you to fix the problem. instead of them doing there job. sounds like the insurance lady has a date with a tulsa cop. to busy to help you.

if its any consultation. about 1 year ago, I left town for a weekend. when I got home, somebody had stolen my trailer. I called the police. they took a desrciption over the phone. about 2 weeks later. a cop drives by. I was in the garage working on a quad. he turns around, pulls in my drive way,comes over and says, I am the cop that took your report. make sure you dont leave your garage open. gee officer, thanks for all your help. they did nothing for me. It would not suprise me if they where just pretending to take a report over the phone.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know exactly why they wrote in the report that your stuff was recovered - it looks great for the PD and also makes the the crime rate better since it would now be a solved crime. How in the F$%^%$ could something be solved when the expensive stuff is still missing?

Old 10-06-2004, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Wayne, I've been right in your shoes about 10 yrs ago. I had my 350X stolen off of our trailer at a hotel parking lot on our way to a race. The Police didn't do a thing for me, but we ended up recovering my bike ourselves. I was so pissed at the police because it seemed like they wern't doing anything to help. Well now years later I have been a police officer for over 7 yrs and understand how hard it can be to locate ATV's. Not to say that Tulsa did a great job, from the sounds of it they are really dropping the ball. I did not read all of the posts, but if you have the vin's send me a message and at least I can make sure that they are in the NCIC/FCIC computer. And for whoever reads this post let me give you the best advise that you will ever hear for vehicle recovery. Make a identifying mark somewhere on your ATV's frame, motor, or metal part. The first thing that will happen to your stolen ATV is that the vin plate will be changed and the motor vin will be grounded off. The next thing that will happen is new aftermarket plastics, wheels, and anything cheap that can change the appearance of the ATV will be added. I can not tell you how many times the owner of a ATV has located the bike, and knows for a fact that it is his, but could not prove it due to the above mentioned alterations. There is no law prohibiting the removal of vin plates on ATV'S and that really needs to change. I really hope that you recover everything, and if there is anything that I can do to help don't hesitate.

Old 10-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a link to the page Hightower made for me, it tells some of the info on my bike and trailer, it has my numbers listed.

stolen thread

Old 10-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

man you have gone through hell with this bike...man im sorry...i feel helpless...wish there was somethin i could do!...My eyes are open for anything close...im in NE texas

Old 10-07-2004, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks, you are not to far away, maybe it will show up. I just got her dialed in just before it was stolen. In the back of my mind, I think whoever has it, probably messed it up already, my Ds was set up for alky, just by them leaving the gas on more than likley messed it up...or if they tried to put gas in it.

The dam~ Tulsa cops won't return my calls on trying to straighten out the police report..

Old 10-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wayne's Stolen Bike Page - any and all info, descriptions, etc...

Wayne - any luck on that 911 call? You know, the guy that supposedly followed the thief and said he tried to grab a parked cop who supposedly turned the other way and did nothing....cause like you said, if the call doesn't exist then he is in on it and needs a bullet, after any and all info is beaten out of him that is...

You insurance company should be trying to HELP you - that's what an AGENT is for!! He should be contacting the police dept., because you've been paying them thousands for years man!! When this is all over, drop that company, they're no better than the thief that jacked you.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider

Just saw the other post, good luck Wayne!