CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

who is mr hp???????

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 04:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who is mr hp???????

Originally posted by: UBETRUN
They brought some FAST machines to Aledo and were very nice folks
Yea what he said!!!! FAST machines & HP to match!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2004, 04:25 AM
Pro Rider

But no high h/p machines showed at Sandfest, we were there waiting ???

A big event like this, ya'll missed some of the best !

Old 09-25-2004, 04:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

He cant race every weekend, he has a few motors to build[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2004, 05:20 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, what Sandbomber said!

Everyone leave him alone so he can ship us our parts! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2004, 06:08 AM
Pro Rider

It's all good , get there somtime or another

Old 09-25-2004, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandbomber
He cant race every weekend, he has a few motors to build[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
hey sandbomber, wich one does he have? the one that was leaving a oil slick in parking lot over labor day weekend?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

No bus he has a different motor, I have been busy & have not brought that one to TVI for a rebuild. Might even go to 800 with it!!!

Old 09-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

DuneMe,

Ask THEBOM how generous our dyno is. Without talking about hp numbers I think he can tell you that our dyno is actually very hard to make big power on.

A bone stock DS will ususally make about 44hp on our dyno. As another reference we had a bike come in with a RW pipe, open air box, stock carb, and cdi, it was tuned by a reputable name in the DS world, it made 39hp. This somewhat proves the saying if you dont know what your doing dont touch it, you'll be faster.

JDsBusa ran on our dyno and a completely different one later that night maybe he could tell you more about how the numbers matched.

Old 09-25-2004, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DuneMe
Originally posted by: Freakneh
I've NEVER once heard anything negative about the guy, or his work. I sent him my hubs this week, and talked a couple of times on the phone. He's a straight shooter, who obviously knows his stuff, and will talk to you even when he's busy. He'll definately be getting all my DS business.
Justin
I agree and they've done my hubs too. I would do business with them again.

I think the only thing I have a concern with is their dyno seems to be a more generous one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they are lying or leading people wrong, I just think their dyno seems to have higher output numbers than other dyno's.

Different Dyno's can put out different numbers.

It is a BAD IDEA to buy a kit strictly based on a published HP number. Look at the percentage increase in power.

As long as you understand the increase in power rather than the published power you will be happy with your HP Research Products.

The good thing is they've done a ton of dyno runs so they can probably tell you what a Ron Wood Stage III dyno'd at, what a Pami 760 dyno's at, etc. That way you can compare other kits to what kit you are looking at.

I picked mine up on a saturday morning. At Randall's shop, there the had tuned it for trail riding it was making right at 58-59hp running conservative, but making monster tq #s. I ran it at a dyno that night at a National TT race, the dyno guy made no corrections for 4stroke or displacement, just pulled it up and ran it. it made 59.8. That made me very happy considering this is his mild cams, and stock pipe. The dyno man had never seen a 4 stroke dyno that high. A guy from atvscene.com was pretty impressed, and wanted to take some pics, he said he was going to post them, but I havent been online in a few days.
Later
Justin
PS I cant recomend eric enough.

Old 09-26-2004, 02:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Obviously, I've stir'd the pot.

Vader:

You asked if the Mr HP motors make the same kind of hp as rwr motors.

My point, watch out buying off HP claims weather they are Mr. HP, RWR, ODP, Pami, KMS, TVI, etc.

There are hundreds of dyno's out there. If you buy based on what a builder claims for HP and that builder has a generous dyno, you could end up being disappointed.

I.M.O. Trinity racing is the worst offender. I raced a guy that had a Trinity Shee and he said he thought I must have 90 HP. . . had to bite my tongue to keep from laughin'. He was a nice guy and didn't want to hurt his feelings that Trinity had sold him a bill of goods and their dyno is light-years beyond generous.

Most of the dyno's I've seen are more conservative.

Best solution is comparison of HP to a stock bike or comparisons to other set-ups.