CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 02:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

is this one of the biggest bomb threads ever?

Old 10-13-2004, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

its getting there...... lol

Old 10-13-2004, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

its the thread that never dies. I'm in the same boots as duneme.

A lot of you posting on here that are mrhp lovers have only been around for a year or so. I've been around here for 3-4 years and seen what has happened to builders. RWR, Pami, and TVI are the only ones that have lasted. Every single one of these builders along with the ones who failed(knutz, samcoe) had a lot of hype for the first year. That is in this stage mrhp is in right now and we will soon see the truth once the hype is over and these 730 kits are out(if they come out).

Sean

Old 10-13-2004, 03:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Right or wrong, black or white, up or down....

I have never heard of Gotfried every showing up at the dunes or the track to race or offer support, yet you can find Mr. HP.

It looks like there are 2 groups here. The pammi's vs. Mr hp. Hell just be glad that you have GREAT CHOICES. EVERYONE knows pammi makes killer power. Some of those full meal deal 760's have shown that. Jeff and The bom are proof, But Mr. Hp has plans to put himself on top and being here is a great advantage to getting it done. I just doubt that Gotfried has the same desires for DS's as Mr. Hp does. Ds's are a side line for pammi.

Once the turbos are de bugged you will be toast[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Maybe scooby doo will open a shop. He knows more about that project than anyone.

Dune devil-[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2004, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DuneDevil
Since I know this thread will not "DIE", let me ask a question or two.......

1) If a motor builder alters a motor (piston, cams, port, valves) is he stealing from the original designer of that motor?

2) If a builder designs a new piston that is better then the OEM piston, is he stealing?

3)If a builder takes a competitors piston and makes it BETTER for N2o, is that stealing?

4) If a builder alters the specs on a cam, to make the motor perform better, is he stealing?

5) If a builder alters a jug to have an O-Ring instead of a gasket, is he stealing? (If I am not mistaken, there are some pami jugs out there that have been altered for this)

6) If a builder designs an exhaust, and another supplier/builder alters the design of it just a little, is the supplier/builder stealing?

The motors that we use were designed by ROTAX. If anyone changes the design of these motors, then are they un-ethical because they are improving on the design that was originally put out there.

If anyone knows me, they know I have strong ETHICS. With that being said, I hope that every builder out there continues to improve the motor that we love to run.

I know of many pistons and cams and ports that have been changed from one builder to the other to improve or change the situation for different applications. Were do we draw the line?

DuneDevil

DuneDevil,

I have a strong memory and creative search methods -- I do remember you posting this when the subject came up about End Caps ....

"Man, around my neck of the woods, that is called STEALING!

To copy a design and change the appearance like he has, is not ethically right, in my eye's.

DuneDevil"

Taken from this thread:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...rd2=Mod%20Quad

Old 10-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2004, 11:23 AM
sam
Pro Rider

this is starting to sound alot like the campaine ads that run non stop.

only one thing missing you forget to say " This is ........ and I approve this message!!!" LOL .......sorry I had to poke my two bits in this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

continue on !!

Old 10-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
Right or wrong, black or white, up or down....

I have never heard of Gotfried every showing up at the dunes or the track to race or offer support, yet you can find Mr. HP.

It looks like there are 2 groups here. The pammi's vs. Mr hp. Hell just be glad that you have GREAT CHOICES. EVERYONE knows pammi makes killer power. Some of those full meal deal 760's have shown that. Jeff and The bom are proof, But Mr. Hp has plans to put himself on top and being here is a great advantage to getting it done. I just doubt that Gotfried has the same desires for DS's as Mr. Hp does. Ds's are a side line for pammi.

Once the turbos are de bugged you will be toast[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Maybe scooby doo will open a shop. He knows more about that project than anyone.

Dune devil-[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Here's the thing 14mins. . . you asked questions, I answered! Now you back off and change the subject. Have you ever been wrong???

Comments on your statements:
Mr. HP is a phone call away (this is a real positive for him). If you want PAMI products you should go through a Pami dealer in the states. That is the only way you are really going to be able to talk to someone. I know people who have called Gottfried and from what I hear those are some phone charges! For a few people this will make the decision on who they use. I don't think we can honestly expect Gottfried to put up a 1-800 number. I also don't think its realistic to expect him to fly to the States to go to the dunes. There are a lot of builders that ARE here in the States that don't show up at the dunes so, I really don't see this as an argument. Ron Wood is one of the first and still one of the best for modification to the DS and I've never heard of them showing up to the dunes or any quad race (not saying they haven't, just haven't heard of it.) I would also say they got their start with the F650 Bike (like Pami) and the quad thing has been a sort of gravy business from their beg. Doesn't change anything. . . Ron Wood is still one of the best.

One more thing. . . your statement from a previous post on this thread:
"I NEVER saw pammi step in and help the guys quads that knutz was holding hostage"

Your logic is obviously flawed! Knutz was buying parts from Pami and installing them in peoples engines.
If your dealer buys a HP Research Jug - goes belly-up and closes his doors with your quad inside. . . do you really expect HP Research to send another kit? That's just not smart business. I don't want to bring up all the old Knutz stuff but, it really sounds like YOU have a hard-on for Pami.

SO, is the pot calling the kettle black?

Lastly, please stop this two-party system thing. . . HP Research vs. Pami - that isn't it. It's some people believe what has been done was wrong. . . Believe me. . . there are MANY that own NO Pami products that think as I do.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Where are they Duneme? Most I've seen on this thread disagree with you.

Quick Reply: Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?