CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

Originally posted by: jetsnow600
its the thread that never dies. I'm in the same boots as duneme.

A lot of you posting on here that are mrhp lovers have only been around for a year or so. I've been around here for 3-4 years and seen what has happened to builders. RWR, Pami, and TVI are the only ones that have lasted. Every single one of these builders along with the ones who failed(knutz, samcoe) had a lot of hype for the first year. That is in this stage mrhp is in right now and we will soon see the truth once the hype is over and these 730 kits are out(if they come out).

Sean
Dude, you crack me up with the MrHP lover's thing.
At first I wanted to too see this thread die, but now I hope it keeps going because I'm one of the guys that's been on here less than a year and this thread is helping to shed light on more than one issue. I will not deny you the right to express your opinion, however you seem highly motivated (as does Duneme) to discredit HP Research.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Range Rover

As a fellow engine builder , I have machined Pami off of several cylinders at the customer request,but I didn't nor would I put it on the net in add as mine and take orders from it!!! I too looked into casting our own cylinders and the numbers don't work! By the time your done its 100K. I wish MR.HP Luck!!!

Old 10-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Coyoteman
Where are they Duneme? Most I've seen on this thread disagree with you.
As I've said before. Most people try to stay out of conflict. I've received PM's from people supporting my position but, not wanting to get into the fire. I understand, I've sat back many times and watched a couple people go at it.

Please, don't generalize that I'm trying to discredit Mr. HP. I'm saying I don't agree with what was done. There is no doubt in my mind he could stomp all over me in a race. That isn't what this is about. I think Mr. HP has done some great work on a number of items and built some very satisfied customers (obvious). The customer support and time he takes to talk to people on the phone is great.

Saying I'm trying to discredit him makes it sound like I am doing something wrong. You may not agree with my views on what is ethically right or wrong but, I don't think I've been slanderous. If I have in any way, I appologize.

I really want this thread to be about the truth. The truth has come out. No, he isn't selling Pami stuff as his own on his future kits but, he has used at a minimum, some of Pami's technology in his design.

Old 10-13-2004, 01:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

1st:coyoteman that statement just isn't correct many of us feel the same as duneme dose but still have a bunch of love for mrhp......he's a good guy!!!

2nd: No one is out to discredit any one it's that forum thing i spoke of earlier

3rd: [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

4th: mrhp was represented real good by two customers not team bikes and that where the proof comes out of the pudding !!!!!! both guy's had very respectable bikes!!!and some good brew too!!!!!

Old 10-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

OK, I'm duneme, I have two pamis and my buddy jeff has a pami. I have been working the cylinders and motors over for years. Obviously I am going to stand up for pami more than the average guy without a pami. It only makes sense. I understand where they are coming from.

I am not loyal to pami and I believe that reworking the pami jug, changing several things and beginning production of a new redesigned jug is fine and similar to pami taking the original DS head changing several things and beginning production.

THE PROBLEM: Taking the pami changing some things scratching off their name and calling it your own. (did he call it his own?if he did he rethought the situation and corrected it.) I firmly believe that eric meant no harm at all but was trying to figure the best way to design a jug and used the PAMI. If he would have known it would have caused this kind of havic he would have either left the pami name on or not sold the prototype at all. Either way he straightened the situation out and is an assett to the DS community. lay off already.

My only defense to the situation is from my dealings eric is a good guy and always straight forward with me. Those trying to bash on DUNEME OR JETSNOW are wrong. They are straight up guys with only the best intentions. They have done nothing wrong other than defend their position.

I believe ERIC will get this jug together and it will be much simpler to install and purchase.

I also believe it is best for everyone to end this. MY .05$

Old 10-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

I really want this thread to be about the truth. The truth has come out. No, he isn't selling Pami stuff as his own on his future kits but, he has used at a minimum, some of Pami's technology in his design.[/quote]

Duneme, I'm down with that. I appologize if you think I was knocking your character, well I guess was, so I'm sorry. But, I felt you were knocking Mr.HP's character as well, and as you can tell, there are many people on here who know Mr.HP is a class act first hand. I don't know you, but many respectable people on here have said you are a stand up guy, so again, I apologize.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

I am a neutral party and i dont own any pami parts nor have i ever owned any Pami parts. I brought this whole thing up because i was considering a 730 kit and i wanted to find out if he was using Pami parts for R&D or not and in this thread we have found that he is, at first he wouldnt admit it but with the pictures we were able to get the truth out of him and i respect him for living up to the truth after bluntly saying "no" in the 3rd post of this thread.

Sean

PS- I still havent heard any timelines for the 730 kits that were promised months ago. HMMMMM

Old 10-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

As far as a timeline goes - if I were in line waiting for a 730 kit - I would much rather wait an extra month or several if it meant the kit was actually that much better. I am a perfectionist, and I am very willing to wait to ensure things are perfect. That said, I would WANT to see it in my hands yesterday, but in the PC industry my experience has been if you rush someone - you'll get rushed work and that just isn't good.

Every time that I rush something, or I push someone else to rush something it always comes back later to bite you in the butt. Some minor step that usually never affects the end result will get skipped, and that one time it will have made a difference.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Sean

PS- I still havent heard any timelines for the 730 kits that were promised months ago. HMMMMM[/quote]

Have you tried calling him?

Old 10-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

hey whats up girls?? LOL j/k

Try this one on for size, I have an imbreed 720-730 w/ some pami parts FULLY assembled by the preacher on a good day, TVI race head work(from Garys well known drag race mech and approved by preacher), Mr Hp parts, bigdaddy nos system, and some of my own fine tuning and other goodies... The biggest gains I have ever felt from parts was from some of mr hp parts and bigdaddys nos. (i know its off topic) BUT I STILL CALL MY DS A SNAIL TRAIL DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

Hey duneme your still my bro!!!!!

Quick Reply: Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?