CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 04:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

well in defense of mrhp i don't think he has been looking at the forums much lately, from what I've heard he lost his dad to an atv accident sometime last week. So I would think everyone could keep the bashing to a minimum. thanks
kyle

Old 10-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

First:my heart felt sympathy gose out to eric's family im sorry for your lose[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Second Mr 650 no one and i mean no one has been bashing!!!!!it's a discussion forum!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2004, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Jetsnow ,

Yesterday in the Ninja endcap thread you posted...."A lower cost alternative to the MRHP endcap is the ModQuad endcap."

Doesn't the ModQuad endcap offend your code of ethics????? A company buys a $20 chunk of aluminum round stock, sticks it in a CNC lathe, and 5 minutes later has an endcap that looks VERY VERY familiar. But that's OK with you?????

Now MrHp buys a Pami cylinder to use for stock material. He measures, cuts, and modifies it to where he is satisfied with it to use as a prototype instead of investing BIG BUCKS in having a batch of custom cylinders cast that may not fit exactly right and now he's a thief?????

Also you posted...."LOL, Here come all the MrHp lovers." Sounds like you're a MrHp hater for some reason.

Don't hate the player, hate the game!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-13-2004, 08:16 PM
amd
Pro Rider

BLA BLA BLA!!!

All I have to say is to all the people out there trying to come up with new and better things for the ds (even the homebuilders). Keep up the good work!

Old 10-13-2004, 09:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

since so many people felt it necesary to repeat the same **** over and over again and say in ten pages what could have been siad in one, I'm gonna go ahead and litter up the post with my @sshole opinion, 'cause like the rest of you I have one too, and its fun to spread the ***** and giggles.

I have a Pami piston - it says JE on the bottom of it. they let the pride ride and felt no need to hide anything. I have a carb from RWR, it still has all the numbers on all of the jetting components including the needle #'s. they felt no need to hide anything either.

MrHP will not give any specs, grinds #'s off carb metering rods, etc. Hey that's fine and dandy, its all opinion whether or not you have a problem with that, and mine doesn't matter an more than anybody elses.

BUT DAMN BOYS, to grind off these numbers is to say it aint desirable to copy his R&D, most of you agree with him on that and a while back when I questioned this practice in a carb post lots of you told me hell yeah its a motor builder's right to protect his R&D and tuning secrets. Well news flash man, if a guy wants his own **** kept secret for himself then why is it so hard for him to also respect the R&D of another builder?

Don't answer that question, because it won't matter anyway, just think about it, that's all its for.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
since so many people felt it necesary to repeat the same **** over and over again and say in ten pages what could have been siad in one, I'm gonna go ahead and litter up the post with my @sshole opinion, 'cause like the rest of you I have one too, and its fun to spread the ***** and giggles.

I have a Pami piston - it says JE on the bottom of it. they let the pride ride and felt no need to hide anything. I have a carb from RWR, it still has all the numbers on all of the jetting components including the needle #'s. they felt no need to hide anything either.

MrHP will not give any specs, grinds #'s off carb metering rods, etc. Hey that's fine and dandy, its all opinion whether or not you have a problem with that, and mine doesn't matter an more than anybody elses.

BUT DAMN BOYS, to grind off these numbers is to say it aint desirable to copy his R&D, most of you agree with him on that and a while back when I questioned this practice in a carb post lots of you told me hell yeah its a motor builder's right to protect his R&D and tuning secrets. Well news flash man, if a guy wants his own **** kept secret for himself then why is it so hard for him to also respect the R&D of another builder?

Don't answer that question, because it won't matter anyway, just think about it, that's all its for.
Hightower,

I totally agree. I would also like to add to that. I have a set of Wrangler Blue Jeans, not made by Levi. Instead, the jeans I purchased have a big "W" on the rear pockets. I have a billet aluminum gas cap not made by RIS Designs. The Gas Cap I have is made in the USA not overseas. The wheels on my truck look pretty darn close to Weld's Typhoon design, but they are not made by Weld and I purchased them for 50% less than Weld's typhoon wheels.

All of these products I purchased appealed to me, as an individual for different reasons. They didn't hide what they were, they made it better in some way or another - and that appealed to me.

Everyone has a right to purchase what they want as long as they have the information to make a good decision. There are "pots” that will always "call the kettle 'black' " - and never look inside at their own selves. Its clear to me that some folks' decision making process is quite different then what they expect of others. That's fine; they have advertised that to everyone. Me? I know where I am at, and I'm totally ok with how people call that.

My dad told me once that everyone makes their decisions based on their own best interest. I can tell you that it interests me to sleep well at night, have a clear conscious, and have comfort in knowing when its all over, I was more interested living up to my own standards than living up to someone else’s.

Furthermore, If someone makes a buck from me on something I bought from them, I'm ok with that. I know of no one in here that works for free.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

hightower, i agree 100% also....It would be different in my eyes if he didnt try to pass it off as his own at first...

Old 10-13-2004, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

DCryder- ModQuad and MRHP end caps are different, not only on the outside, but on the inside. This was discussed in another thread i believe. this was proved out at DS days in which both caps were there on many different quads. In fact, a couple people there with mrhp end caps wish they would have bought the modquad end caps because they look better.

Hightower- I agree 100%.

I am not a mrhp lover or a mrhp hater.

Old 10-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Does Eric now or in the past stock his shelves with modified pami stuff for sale and call it "His Design"??
Can any body show PROOF that hes is doing so ? So far what I have seen and read says NOOOOOO! Please somebody show me otherwise !!! PLEASE !!!!

I have seen the Capewindy pic of the jug in comparison to the Pami jug.... No argument that its a modded pami jug that was admited to!! HE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR THE THING AND DID WITH IT AS HE PLEASED! HE CHANGED IT ! ITS NO LONGER A PAMI PRODUCT !!!! Do you think they would warranty it now ?? Case solved !!! Now go get a beer and watch the Man Show......

In case SOME people have not figured it out yet let me be the one to explain it to ya .... REVERSE ENGINEERING so to speak is the American way! I dont really give a shiX if ya agree with it or not , its just the way it is ... hello reality. This is not to say it is the only way, but is in fact a common practice. Love it or hate it, it is a good part as to why things in this world are what they are. Foods, Medicine, Technology, Computers,........... and the F-N list goes on and on and on. Get a damn grip here people. If ya dont like what somebody else may be doing , whether you know it to be true or otherwise MOVE ON ! Dont give them your hard earned jack ! But to drag sombodys rep out in the open here and trash it or just poke holes in it is pure B-S.

Every time you use pick something up to use and every time you see something just remember that at some point in time there was sombody that took that item or idea and improved on it just to make your life a little more better and yes .. also to make theirs better as well. If you SITLL have a problem with that than I recomend you give me everything you own, and all your money, I lgive you a stick and a piece of flint and you can start where the cavemen did. After you re-invent the wheel and fire and what not lets see how things go. After all you feell soooo strongly about riding on the back of others and their progress why should you be allowed to reap the rewards of others before you? Just remeber the cave men didnt have laptops with wireless routers and T1 lines to respond to threads such as this so I dont expect to hear from you for say a couple of Ice ages or so but feel free throw up a few smoke signals or draw on the cave walls so I can see how things are going for ya, Toodles !! good luck !!!

Old 10-14-2004, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

The Man Show rocked when Jimmy & Adam hosted it.

Quick Reply: Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?