CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

i've benn around the 105 bore for a while now and have rode the tvi, mr hp, rode one of on dunes and been around the sam coe there isn't much difference on the 105 bore it comes from tuning from there on out. so if he is taking the pami cylinder it is what was advertised 105 nikasil. well good luck on the search.

Old 10-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have been waiting on Erics new jug and have had many conversations with him about it(IMPROVEMENTS). If it was a pami I would be racing the bike right now!!!!!!! He has a custom jug being cast and that is all I will say!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Get er done ERIC!!!

Old 10-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Exactly my point Demon..... if it's improved - AWSOME!!!!!!!!! And if it is the PAMI, and he's turning it around - OK. Probably not illegal.

As for the carpet stuff. I hear ya, and yes that stuff happens ALL of the time.

I would simply add that even if its acceptable and probably not against the law - maybe we as men should be held to something better. Just cause it's not against the law, doesn't make it right. I'm sure that what ever is going on is NOT against the law. And Eric has probably done everything by the book. Is it fair that a guy can open his mouth, and Eric have to respond to every little question? Well these are kind of big questions, and yes it's fair. "A revolution every now and then is a good thing". When I was asking questions about the HV, not only did I get the answers, I got everyone on this forum piece of mind. It came out that indeed HPresearch was leading the way in Lectrons for ATV's. IF anything good comes of this questioning by a fellow enthusiest, and good will come, it will further enhance Eric's reputation in our little world. As for now, the questions keep coming up in different areas........ Carbs, Heads, Jugs, I've even heard pipe discussions. Why does this keep happening?

In my world of business, which deals with a LOT of personell issues, we as management tend to create more problems than we began with. Trying to keep everything so secret and away from staff, asks for them to make up stories, gossip, question - general unrest. Can't help to think that alot of it could probably be avoided.

just my $.02

Old 10-04-2004, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

I am also waiting on Eric's jug...... And I too would already have one if it was a PAMI.......

Old 10-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Ya know, even if the pami and HPR looked the same, What do you expect Its for a DS motor.
If Eric says the jug he has in the works is custom, Then it is. He has NEVER lied to me or anyone I know that has delt w/ him. When everything is said and done, IMHO- I Cannot doubt Mr hp. The only thing I said is that there are similarities as far as water jackets and so forth. Maybe Capewindy needed a jug fast and everthing else was HPR work on a rush order. ANYWAYS, I cant speculate "who am I to do so"?
"ERIC" HAS ALWAYS CAME THROUGH for me when it all comes down to it!!! And you all know it is not in his nature to be a fibber.

Old 10-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Good question jet and it is a very good one !!!!! And if most of you knew jet as the big crowd dose you will know he's as stand up as they come!!!! And casting is very expensive and there would be no other reason to grind the pami spot unless you were removing PAMI i don't exactly like gottfried and did the same thing but give the devil his due he is unmatched in PREFORMANCENCE AND QUALITY.Sorry Gary, Eric, Kenz,and the many other ds builders but i see no shame in copying the big guy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Only in claiming you did not!!!!!! Don't get me wrong because i did not see this grinding but the people who did are claiming poo!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for those who are wondering the ds crowd is alway's a tough crowd they are hard core!!!!

Old 10-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Here is another question to think about.

If you believe Eric was able to do some grinds on the Pami cylinder and make it into a bolt on cylinder with out any case modification, then why wouldn't Pami done this in the first place? Why is Pami now making a bolt on cylinder that uses a sleeve?

Like others have posted, I too am waiting for my HP research cylinder, I believe if it was a so called modified Pami cylinder I would of had it by now!

Old 10-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Well here is a pic of capewindy's cylinder out at DS Days... www.sandandsnow.com

Pretty obvious that the grind mark is exactly where the Team Pami normally is.

And here is the pic of the pami cylinder again... http://www.team-pami.com/images/Bomb...s7601gross.jpg

Thanks for the backup guys, i have nothing against any builders, i just want to find out the TRUTH for me and for everybody else considering all brand big bores(which i am doing)

Here is a quote from mr.hp about whether he is using PAMI parts from the beginning of this thread... "The answer is simply: no."

I was seriously considering MRHP but now ....

Well i will check back later, i have been up for the last 36 hours, just got back from mojave california watching Space Ship One win the $10 million X prize. It was a great time. We were able to get VIP passes so we got to check out everything up close, got over 100 pics. Once in a lifetime event.

Sean

Old 10-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i'd rather hear about the space ship that was interesting. i'd still go with the 105 cylinder is a 105 cylinder, they all seem the same seems the pai cylinder is shorter if i remember right.

Old 10-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Range Rover

While talking to Eric months ago, he told me he had a couple of test units out there, but still needed to work out a small thermal hot spot on his jug design by routing a tad more fluid to an area, and then he could get his design to casting.

On his rebadging of hardware, my take is quite simple. If I spent a lot of time on the head, cams and intake and exhaust tuning and installed it on a PAMI cylinder, I would grind off the PAMI logo so as not to give them credit for my blood, sweat, tears and dyno time. My intent wouldn't be to try to hide the jug manufacter, but to just not give them credit for the real work that made the bike fast. Either way, using a Pami jug as a starting point for your own design seems like a natural point for any reasonable person.

--

Quick Reply: Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?