CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

Those that ordered a jug from HP research aren't getting a Pami jug. The Bom would have said something. He is a Pami Dealer and believe me. . . he would know.

The questions are:
1. Did HP Research get a Pami jug, grind off the Team Pami and possibly some other modifications, then use it as a model for their casting?
2. Did HP Research sell a Pami Jug (with he Pami name ground off) to CapeWindy? Did they tell CapeWindy it was a Pami jug?
3. The question isn't if HP Research is using Pami parts it is if HP Research is using their technology.

I caution anyone from using a jug that will fit in the stock cases without modifications for a bore and stroke engine. There just isn't enough meat on the skirt to support the pistion and the additional side pressure from the stroked motor.

Annihilater: That does sound like a sweet build. I'm sure a stock head could be modified by The Preacher. It was less than an hours work to modify my head for the 760 (if I remember right?)

Jetsnow - I solute you for your questioning this. You give me hope for our younger generation.

The thing that has me fired up the most on this issue isn't weather or not something wrong was done but, rather that it seems there are a lot of people don't see what was potentially done AS wrong!

People, patent or not. . . IF it was done, it is wrong! Take an honest look at the pictures. I've spoken to HP Research a couple times and they seem like stand up people but, those pictures paint a story for me that disturbs me.

If you want to design a cylinder casting fine, just don't grind off someone elses and make it your own. What's wrong is wrong. Gottfried (Team Pami owner) put his own engineering into the Pami Jug. A patent may not protect his work but, that doesn't make it right to steel his design.

If you didn't know anything about it when you bought it, I'm not saying you did anything wrong.

Old 10-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Duneme,

I salute your convictions. And quite frankly, I feel strongly that you do indeed believe in your convictions through and through. I believe that you would make decisions based on what you believe to be true, regardless if it profited you or not. Many of the posts on this thread seem to desperately lack that kind of personal conviction. You and I can disagree to what is right and wrong, but it's refreshing to see that we are consistant - that we believe and act according to what we know to be true. There is so much that I could say on this thread, much more than I have already. But, quite frankly it’s not my place, nor is this the place, for me to give those views.

Enough said.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:29 AM
Range Rover

In general, my experiences has led me to believe if somebody earns a living based on their recomendations or opinion, their motive should be closely scrutinizied.

I'm really interested in Capewindys version of what occurred; more of that, than anything HPR has to say.

--

Old 10-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I do belive mrhp did not mean to put himself in such a mess but did use a pami jug for fasioning his ideas. And has no intentions of marketing there jugs as his.But needs to address the subject and own up to whats at hand at the moment but then again he can just ignore the subject and move on lifes full of posabilities....... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

I'm in AZ's camp. Simply and to the point. I agree.....

Old 10-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

This is interesting reading but there is one voice truly lacking and by that looks suspect.
This country's history was built on improving or liberating others ideas, right or wrong. Ford, the Wrights, Edison, most of the gunmakers, all copied or outright stole ideas and added alittle of their own tweaks to profit from them. Edison in particular being credited as a great inventor readily admited to ripping off most of his ideas. He would just hammer at it until he made it work.

Old 10-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Range Rover

Are there any answers out there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

I purchased a PAMI jug last January for $1409 with hopes of coupling it with my 8mm stroker crank to make an 800cc engine. I had full intentions to offer this as a kit which would consist of my crank and piston combination to be used with the PAMI jug.

After recieving the jug I found that its deminsions would not allow for the 8mm stroke, the deck height is different than factory, and the skirt design was not what I was hoping for among many other things that did not suite the deminsions I was looking for. Not saying its a bad cylinder as we all know it is well built.

At this point I spent about 30 hrs machining and changing many of the original deminsions of the cylinder and changing the original intention that PAMI wanted it used for. I felt it was unfair to Me and PAMI to leave the name on the cylinder. Not that I was hiding anything or that I ever thought such a big deal would be made of it. I paid for it, changed it, and took the name off of it. I simply called this a prototype cylinder and Capewindy was made full aware of that. Capewindy is a good friend of mine and is very pleased with the product.

The prototype cylinder was shipped to Capewindy on 4-26-04. At which time I was seriously considering a complete new cylinder which would handle 8 to 10mm stroke and be capable of boring to 108mm. This will be the HPR that everyone is waiting for.

The PAMI will not bore to 108mm, will not handle 8mm of stroke and is not sold as a bolt on cylinder. The HPR cylinder is being designed to handle 8mm of stroke, bore to 108mm and also can be had as a bolt on 730.
The PAMI and HPR will and must have some similarities as they are both designed to fit the DS. Am I using PAMI products? No. I did try but decided to go a different way. Is PAMI a good product? Yes. I have seen THEBOM pour big nos through his bikes with little or no problems.

Now on the the actual issue at hand which seems to be the question of whether I am a thief or immoral person.
I used to be very judgemental toward people, waiting like a vulture to pounce when I thought they were doing something wrong. The reason I used to do this was because it made me feel better because I had brought that person down. I have matured since that time and usually read a little scriptue when I am feeling judgmental. Here's something to think about. And by the way these are not my words but those of God himself.

"Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue is also a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell". James 3:5-6

Old 10-08-2004, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

nuf said!

Old 10-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?