CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?

I after reading Mr HPs reply I understand. Didnt someone say if he was using Pamis cyl they wouldnt still be waiting on one from HPR. Its sounds like this goes deeper than this thread. I hope not. I say everyone make up your own mind about what you think and lets move on now that the facts are in. Lots of terrain and Yamahas to ride over and roost on.LOL Have a great day

Old 10-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe "foolish" was the wrong word to use and I apologize to Jetsnow if he was offended.

But seems to me the record had been set straight, why continue to scrutinize?

I don't personally know Eric, but I know his situation. He don't have sell HPResearch parts to make a living. He has his own business as a machinist. He can just make his own bikes fast if he wants, and let everybody else figure out how to keep up. Yes, it took a while to hear his side, but thats how it is when someone's busy with work. My point is.......the facts are out, if you don't trust him, then buy from someone else. Just don't player hate.

On a side note: If I had rich Daddy, My bike would be loaded with HPReasearch parts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2004, 12:25 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Let me see if I got this straight:
1. Capewindy got a HPR modified Pami Jug, he knew it, he is happy with it. HPR made so many changes to the jug, he wanted to remove the PAMI name because of his work, and because it was not a PAMI spec anymore. The way I read it, to cover PAMI as well. IF it went bad, there would not be a big ol broken down PAMI out there.
2. Jetsnow, wanted to know if all HPR jugs were the same deal.
3. They are not. He is haveing the cylinder made to accompany larger stroke and bore.
4. MRHP said he was not using PAMI jugs for his stuff. HE is not, he used one.

Whats the big deal? Why a 5 page thread calling so many's morals into question? Why the drama?
I can see if you (Jetsnow) have a cyl. coming from HPR, how you would want to know what you are getting.
If you don't have a cyl coming, why would you drag somebody through the mud in front of the whole internet?
Why did you not just call MRHP?

Whole lotta rubish if you ask me.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KGB
Let me see if I got this straight:
1. Capewindy got a HPR modified Pami Jug, he knew it, he is happy with it. HPR made so many changes to the jug, he wanted to remove the PAMI name because of his work, and because it was not a PAMI spec anymore. The way I read it, to cover PAMI as well. IF it went bad, there would not be a big ol broken down PAMI out there.
2. Jetsnow, wanted to know if all HPR jugs were the same deal.
3. They are not. He is haveing the cylinder made to accompany larger stroke and bore.
4. MRHP said he was not using PAMI jugs for his stuff. HE is not, he used one.

Whats the big deal? Why a 5 page thread calling so many's morals into question? Why the drama?
I can see if you (Jetsnow) have a cyl. coming from HPR, how you would want to know what you are getting.
If you don't have a cyl coming, why would you drag somebody through the mud in front of the whole internet?
Why did you not just call MRHP?

Whole lotta rubish if you ask me.
Well said and to the point. I agree 100%

Old 10-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know this is a PAIN for Eric now, but it is great advertising for his new stuff. In your face advertising is good in the long run!!!!!

Old 10-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

KGB this is a bomb forum "forum" A discusion on a given subject to explore the good and bad aspects of a given subject) There is a fairy tale forum out there if this is too" Rough" but this is the bomb forum and i prefer the truth good and bad. Eric is a respected member of the group and so is Jettsnow they just don't agree on this one. NO PROBLEMO !!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2004, 01:08 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: AZSAND
There is a fairy tale forum out there if this is too" Rough"
LOL

AZSAND how do you know this and are you the head fairy?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Trailblazer

Sean
The cylinder that I bought from Eric was called a prototype/model for the casting of the new HPR 730 cylinder.In my book if its physically,dimensionaly the same as the new ones its a HPR cylinder. I don't give a rats a$$ whats painted, stamped, scratched, ground, stenciled on the outside.I did not know that it was a modified worked over improved Pami nor would I have cared.The key words here are MODIFIED, IMPROVED.We are such a small part (DS owners) of the ATV world that we are incredibly fortunate to have the caliber of people working on improving the performance of our machines that we do.Yes I am a HPR lover, I love Eric, Randal, Bo, and Kevin,heck I even love their wives (LOL not THAT way).Their dedication and commitment to performance and quality is beyond reproach. I extend my praise equally to TVI, CG Performance, Ron Woods, The Preacher, KMS, and yes Pami, too. Technology advances by improving existing products and I am darn happy I don't have to kill my dinner with a sharpened stick.
In reguards to the performance of my bike at Sand Mt. the fan sensor failed and with all the noise out at the line I didn't realize the fan was not cycling, I cooked the motor. Let me repeat that " I " cooked the motor. It had nothing to do with HPR.
Nick and I had a great time at Sand Mt. it was so cool to meet so many of the people that I knew from 2 years of reading this forum you can bet we'll be there next year.One of the funneist things we saw was when your dad poured that tequila down your gullet.
Life is good, Ron

I

Old 10-08-2004, 01:27 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

AZsand,
Trust me, this is far from rough, you and the BOMB guys should be commended. This was discussed in a very mature manner, all sides were very well spoken, and all questions were valid. I shudder to think of this discussion in the Honda or Yamaha forum. Let alone PeterPans site....lol WINK
I should have not butted into the BOMB forum, but I am thinking of getting one (and getting all the AZsand type modifications), so I follow.
It is no problem, and as sandbomber said, all pub is good pub.
Sometimes I just get a little frustrated when the forums take a very simple and reasonable situation between 2 people and turn it into a larger issue than it needs to be. Ya dig?

In the day of the internet, sometimes the phone gets overlooked. Thats all I am trying to say.

Old 10-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

I was considering a 730 kit which is why i was wondering about the pami deal. The only reason i used that example in my last post is for eric to understand what he did. I still do not agree that it was right to take a pami cylinder and do a little work on it, then call it your own prototype cylinder but thats just my opinion. If I personally was pami i would be calling up my lawyer. But thats just me i guess.

MRHP- any idea when your cylinders will be ready? Last i remember they were supposed to be ready a few months ago, i know a lot of people are waiting for them. Its getting close to desert dune season and people are getting antsy.

Does anybody know if TVI makes their own cylinders?

I'm not trying to sound foolish, just trying to find out the facts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Just my .02.

Sean

Quick Reply: Mr.HP using PAMI stuff?