CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where the heck is it?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where the heck is it?????

I've seen this asked a few times, but I don't think it's ever been answered (or at least I couldn't find it). I'm installing a Warn 2.5 winch on my 2004 Outlander. I know there's an accessory wire (red/violet and a black) hidden somewhere (the owner's manual says it's in the back, but I'm really thinking it's in the front). I've taken the front and rear fenders off, and can't find it. I did find a red/black and a black wire that IS controlled by the switch, but I'm only getting 6 volts out of it.

I mounted the contactor on a homemade mounting plate and mounted that above the battery high enough that I can get the battery out, but it's out of the way of mud/water from the tires.

So can anyone tell me where in the wiring harness that darned accessory wiring is?????

Thanks!

Dave Young

BTW I bought the winch off of E-bay from a business called Sherco for $309, including shipping, the mounting plate and roller fairlead. I received it about a week later. He's an authorized Warn dealer and the winch was new in the box as was the mounting plate. Although I haven't tried the winch yet (the darned accessory wire!!!), but I think I got a good deal......

Old 10-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

I'm not sure if this is it or not, but my Outlander has a plug near the airbox, right above it actually, you have to take the sidepanel off to get to it though. Is this the one you may have already found?

Old 10-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I didn't see that one, but I did find an empty three connector fitting. One of the three wires in the connector was switched hot so I used a pin connector with heat shrink to get switched power. The winch works great (at least in my garage) but now I have to put everything back together. I want to replace the winch ground and positive cable though as the one that came with the kit is way too long. Right now I just have them coiled and wire tied, but I'll have to do better than that.

I couldn't believe all the stuff I had to do to install this winch. I ended up taking the front fender, rear fender, side panels, top panel, inner fender panels and even the air box inlet to get everything installed. But I wanted to end up with a professional looking installation. I think I've accomplished that.....

I still would like to know where that damned accessory cable is.....

Dave Young