CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombardier dealer service is not so good

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bombardier dealer service is not so good

It is not too bad. I am able to use the old bushings and zerts. I need to borrow a cir clip tool from my Dad and switch out the ball joint. I have the shop manual and the template.
Boomer, I DID ask questions about the parts. I have had MUCH experience with parts people. After asking, I found that the tie rods did not come with castle nuts or cotter pins. So I asked about the control arm. Does it come complete? I was told yes.
I would NOT like to have to order the whole front end for one part. Bombardier won't sell just the tie rod. You have to buy the ends, too. $95 ea. I never even thought to ask about that with TBR. If I crashed and bent with their part, would they sell just that part? Hmmm?
I must give credit to my dealer. I purposely used "not so good" instead of "sucks" for a reason. When I was in a bind, they put my quad in front of all other customers and fixed me while I waited so I could race the next day. As a matter of fact, I shouldn't complain. I am acting like people I don't like. Like a spoiled baby. "My parts aren't here as fast as I want and they are not complete." WWAAAA!
I guess I was mad because I was told one thing and in the end it was totally different. The problem is I am broke and any money I save for this is tough. When I thought I would have to spend more money and wait another, who knows how long, I was mad.
I have been practicing anger management skills :-)
Hopefully my radiator hose will come in soon.

Old 11-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Boomer84
Marky, How quickly you forget the parts I took off my bike to help you!!! Mudnuri,How would you feel if they made you buy all the parts just to get an A-ARM. Customer should ask Questions about parts you are getting!!!It normally takes 3-5 days to get parts.
Gary,

I make an exception for you. But hey, that was over 2 years ago, thanks for the reminder! I stand corrected sir.

Marky

Old 11-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Gary,

You do have to admit though that Bombardier dealers in general don't stock hardly anything in comparison to other brand dealers like Honda or Yamaha. Now, I dont know the reason behind that. But I would think that most dealers should stock at least these items:

1) Clutch Fibers
2) Body Plastic
3) Stock Decals
4) Cam Chain auto tensioner
5) Headlight Glass
6) Radiator Fans (for 2000 & 2001)
7) Spark Plugs
8) Oil Filters (big and small)
9) Stock rear tail light bulbs

All of these items I have needed at one point or another, and it took a lot longer than 3-5 days - sometimes weeks. When I started riding my 440EX more, I had to retrain myself. I would go into my local Honda shop and be totally shocked when they had similar parts for my Honda actually in stock.

Marky

Old 11-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

they should probably all stock oil pressure switches as well.

ya i freakin HATE my local dealers (i seriously cannot explain in decent words over the internet how i feel about them...only my 12 guage can express that emotion)

i have had **** poor service from EVERY dealer within 60 miles. its pathetic, i didnt buy from any of them (and i dont think that would have mattered anyway) but getting service done is nearly impossible. they want to charge hours and hours for somthin i can do in 20 minutes (hence the reason they dont get much or any service dollars out of me)

parts are a total rip, never willing to even discount them even when ordering hundreds of dollars of stuff. none of them call me when they are in, i have to be there secretary, make sure i have all my order info, and call them regularly to find out if stuff comes in.

then i go to one of the local fairs, (correct me if im wrong...but dealers put up tents/displays at fairs to get people interested and move merchandise!) and the B@astards wouldnt even write me up and OTD price on there stuff! (which i think is about the WORST thing you can do, just asking for your business to whither away)

and then when i got back, i decided to call about new 05's out of 4 places, i only got ONE otd price..... one said i HAD to come in (semi-understandable, they want to make sure everything is gone over, but the guy was an @ss) then the other two just said they were busy and couldnt give me a price at all....

its this reason why im 50% on the edge of buying a different brand.... i originally bought my first quad (yamaha beartracker 250, woohoo) from the local yamaha/suzuki shop. I have had them do all the work i couldnt do on my ds, as i have gotten to know those guys, and trust there work. they even let me bring the broken pig in, let me do the dirty work (such as pulling headers), in the shop with their tools, and help me whenver i need help (my most recent repair was replacing starter, starter gears, and clutch sprag) i was in there for probably 3-4 hours, and they easily helped me for 2 hours, but only charged me 45 bucks (less than one hours labor) for everything! (and no parts charge either, even tho i used there silicone, greases etc etc)

its like all my lcoal bomb dealerships expect ppl to deal with their $hit because they know they cant get it anywhere else...well they will learn soon enough, that when all there previous customers dont show up anymore because they bought different quads, or get parts online, that they cant be royal @sses and get away with it.

ok....sorry for that, now i need to go blow 25 dollars in slugs to feel better [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

** UPDATE**
I am not sure how to feel. I am being charged top dollar for parts. When I tell the dealer what I need, he has no idea what I am talking about. So I explain in detail what it is and where it is on the quad.
I need a temp switch. After walking him through it, he finds it and tells me it's $18. Then he tells me that is "not a sellable item" and will have to get back to me.?
I am not feeling very good about it. Have a race in four days. I will rig up a toggle switch for the fan to get me by until things get straight with the part I need.

Old 11-16-2004, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Ive come to the conclusion that my dealers parts dept doesnt have a clue.
If i need stock parts ill order them from tvi at least they've always known what
im talking about.Not to mention the markup on the parts.Even with shipping tvi
was cheaper.