CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombardier dealer service is not so good

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bombardier dealer service is not so good

Okay, I am mad, so please bear with me. I crashed and bent my front end. I crashed and broke a radiator hose. I considered buying aftermarket products and decided it would be better if I replaced with factory. Yes, money is an issue. Instead of buying the whole front end from TBR, which is COMPLETE, for $800, I went with what was bent or broken from the factory. Now I am kicking myself in the A$$ but not able to do it hard enough.
I ordered the stuff on a Thursday and was told it would be in Tuesday.
Wed- not parts, no problem. ( I had to call them)
Thursday, no parts and there is a part on backorder- PROBLEM! A WEEK LATER I AM TOLD THERE IS A PART ON BACKORDER! I had to pay 50% deposit and thought, I should just pay all with a check at one time. So I write the check and tell them not to deposit it until the parts arrive. They say that is not their policy, but will hold it until Monday. So they already cashed my check and I have no parts.
Today (Friday) I call at the end of the day and they say-"Oh, hi! We were just going to call you!" I'm thinking Yeah Right! So I go down and pick up the stuff. I open the package that has my lower control arm in it and find that it is just that. A lower control arm. No grease zerts. No bushings. This is a top $$ product. The guy behind the counter knows what happened. Knows what I am doing, but is either too stoned or too stupid to care try to help a customer out with , I don't know, in the ordering process say something like" hey, these don't come complete. You have to purchase some of the little important stuff to go with it or it's completely friggin' useless" If I can use the old bushings and grease zerts I will. If not I have to order it and hope it is not on backorder and hope it gets to me by the 18th.
Doing the math I find it would have been less money to go with TBR and it is complete.
Even the tie rods I bought don't come with the castle nut or cotter pin. How messed up is that?? "Oh sorry Sir. If you want that you will have to turn around, bend over and grab your ankles." "This is going to hurt you a lot more than it's going to hurt us Mr. Morris"
Sorry for going ballistic. I am really disappointed in the whole Bombardier parts thing.
You can bet I am going to call them direct right now.

Old 11-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

i know what your going threw. im a parts man and i dont know how the bomb catlog is but he should of called in to make shure the first time. you should of went to the manager and complained!! he should of gave your money back or give you a discount. thats to bad. my dealer calls it in all the time. and it here the next day or two.

Old 11-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Well I feel better after that rant.
Now I have to either order new,...? ? ? I'm not sure what to call the other parts? Accessories to the lower control arm? ? ?
I also have come to two things.
One. I can try to use the old parts from the bent control arm. Maybe I can get the bushings out of the old and they will work fine in the new. The grease zerts, I know I can re-use them at least once.
Two. Order new parts and keep my fingers crossed that I don't find out a day before my next race that they are on backorder!
Now I am mad again.
The whole thought of using the old to get by irk's me.
Okay here I go
When I come back it will be done.
B

Old 11-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

Dont you just love dealers?

Old 11-05-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Dont you just love dealers? >>>>>>>

I still can't get over the jerkoff dealership that wouldn't change the tire for my DS because I didn't buy the quad from them.

Old 11-06-2004, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

That was the other thing. The disdain for other dealers. No unity. When I asked about getting the backordered part from another dealer, I might as well called them thieves.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

My parts guy at my local dealer that has treated me very well for two years quit, and no one else knows anything. I just bought the $8 parts book and now I call a closer dealer and just give them numbers so they can't screw anything up. It is just an idea, cuz then you will know what you are getting.

Justin

Old 11-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

The CD Rom helps and it sounds like you have a good advocate. But my experience is that when your order parts from a dealer they have no order tracking mechanism - only what's in thier head; God help them if they forget! If they do forget, they blame it on Canada, Bombardier, the Mail, or even thier dog; who ate the paperwork.

I'm sure there are a few good ones out there. I just havent seen any yet. I only go to a dealership when I absolutely have to for a stock part I might need next year.

Old 11-06-2004, 01:12 PM
Range Rover

Marky, How quickly you forget the parts I took off my bike to help you!!! Mudnuri,How would you feel if they made you buy all the parts just to get an A-ARM. Customer should ask Questions about parts you are getting!!!It normally takes 3-5 days to get parts.

Old 11-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

wow your dealers really do suck, I love mine, if i called before 10 on monday i could have my part late tueday afternoon, but i do have a parts catologue so that really helps me to know wats a whole part and whats not, definetly something everyone should have

Quick Reply: Bombardier dealer service is not so good