CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

change of plans, Dumont on thanksgiving??

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default change of plans, Dumont on thanksgiving??

What color was the raptor? I was out there on Tuesday and Wednesday and there was a red and white Raptor smoking everyone he raced.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mario, wish you had came by the camp and let us know you were back. I left today at noon cause of the nasty wind. Larry stayed until tomorrow. We missed each other at the hill today I guess.

If memory serves, the Raptor Mario was talking about was black with maybe a blue grill?? Or a different kind of silver than the norm. He reads this thread but does not post he said. He also did not ride his own quad against Mario, he used a lighter rider.

His bike was very fast for sure and took Mario out by some good bike lengths. He claimed that if he were rideing his quad he didn't think he could have beaten Mario, he said he was 280lbs or so. The bike was fast and sweet for sure.

It wouldn't have done you any good to look for him Mario, as I was coming over the top of comp to go do some drags (Friday) I saw him carrying his quad down the hill, rear tires off the ground as his 01 tranny broke or the stock rod grenaded and cracked through the bottom of the cases and locked things up.

Larry has the video of you and Shwendi and you and that Raptor, also has some of shwendi being beaten by 250r4life. 250r4life says he's stock piston and bore with cam mod, pipe etc and has sparks porting and was beating shwendi's 470. I'm sure when Larry gets home and has some time to put the videos together he will.

Lata

Old 11-28-2004, 02:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Dave, Too bad that raptor blew It was a slick lookin bike, I think I ran 10 mph faster today opposed to thursday. I just got caught slippin thurday, I will bring extra selinoids and fuel pump just in case of an emergency next time.

Sams bike was runnin good. Raptprowner was running great I heard. But I will let them tell the outcome of their races.

You missed some real good races today!

Old 11-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Shmee, If your planning NOS this winter does that mean we wont see your bike on E-bay? I hope thats what it means cause you are good yardstick to measure my performance gains or losses[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] We'll have to ride some time before the snow flies. John

Old 11-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

Got back late last night. Ton's of snow on the way home and temperatures below zero at several spots. I stopped at Amargosa on sunday morning. Still windy but smooth as a baby's butt. Great riding. fun place for the kids. NOW FOR THE SERIOUS STUFF. We have to get Mario's bike to DS days next year. That thing is fasttttttt. There were alot of good running bikes but his was definitely the fastest I saw on the hill friday. He handed my hiney to me several times. I didn't mind to much when I was on his upwind side. I was having some fuel issues. I brought ten gallons of couple day old alky and 15 gallons of six week old fuel. It took me the first day to figure out what the deal was. I had it dialed in pretty good on saturday when racing Mario but was at 7 lbs. boost. To be honest, with my set up (twenty inch haulers, stock swing arm) I don't think another four lbs would not have helped. I could not keep the front end down at all. I am going to have to look into a little longer swing arm. Mario rode the bike and liked it. After watching him I realized alot of the problem is rider error also. I think he could have made the race alot closer if he would have been riding both bikes.

Anyways thanks for letting me ride your beast, Mario. It was lots of fun. Next trip is Glamis over New Years. Any takers.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Did someone say Glamis??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Our plans have it Jan. 12-16.

Not sure which wash we'll be camping in yet. I think we were at Wash 4 last year.

Let me know if you are looking for a +4 swingarm. I've got a buddy with one that has never been used and is sitting in his shop. (No, not Jeff).

Old 11-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

CrackerJack, Glad to hear you made that long haul safe.

Your bike is sick fast and cannot harness the power with the stock swingarm. I have a vid of me running the hill on your bike and I was leaning over the handlebars and hauling azz up the hill... With a few set-up changes your bike WILL be knarly. I started to get used to your bike and it was getting more addictive, but the swingarm just wouldnt let me ring it out. Ill Pm ya with how you could set that thing up.

I wish you could have ran my bike harder even on the spray. I wasnt there Fri. But Saturday When we met up my bike was running strong. I was edging out the fast sparks 450r with tiny front tires WHEN my bottle was fresh. But without the juice I was not set up for all motor. I think I needed the juice to beat that bike with lighter rider on it. That crf alky nitro Sparks bike was untouchable, And I dont think I would have hung with that bike even if they put a heavier rider on it. It was incredible.

Thursday sucked for me due to problems, But despite the wind on Sat, I had a decent time running the hill.
And Thanks for letting me ride that turbo, It was a blast!!!

I almost forgot, Al (sandpigs) bike was running like a raped ape!!! Good to see him back in action.

Old 11-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider
Old 11-29-2004, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Nice videos!

Old 11-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks...This is the ONLY reason I bought the Video camera[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: change of plans, Dumont on thanksgiving??