CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Somebody has stolen my quad

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 05:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody has stolen my quad

I woke up at 3am to my dog going crazy. I looked outside and saw or rather, didn't see my Recon. I ran outside and noticed my DS was gone, too.
I had just last night finished putting a snorkel and lift kit on my Recon. It was not locked up in the barn. It was on my work pad in front. I was so proud.
I ran out to the street and saw my DS on the side of it in the bushes. I ran over and it is okay. I found truck tire tracks and could see where they loaded up my little Recon.
I called 911 and if you can believe they were here in less than 5 minutes! The sherriff happened to be right around here! They called out the helicopter and notified everyone. They are looking right now. They even gave me a business card with a case # and everything. AAAAAGHHHHH!!!!!!! I know they are doing everything they can. I am just in shock.
The DS had the Kryptonite lock. I had dug a hole and filled it with concrete and stuck an 8" stainlees eyebolt with the washers and nut, in it. They tried to break it by pushing the quad and with bolt cutters. They tried to cut the steel braided rope and finally cut through where the rope ends on the fitting that goes into the hole for locking. So they actually never cut the steel braided rope. The sniped off the end.
Then they pushed it out to the street. Possibly to make two runs.
I am so ... I don't know what I am. I feel sick. I loved that machine. I just got some waders and did a beatiful job on the snorkel. Yesterday when I got home from work the lift kit I ordered for it came in. I installed it just as the sun went down and drove it around the yard. It was perfect. I parked it right in front of my door so when I came out in the morning I could see it in the daylight. I LEFT THE KEY IN IT. I keep thinking this is what I get. STUPID STUPID. But I even leave the keys in my truck. I hardly ever lock my own house doors. But they had come here on a mission. They cut that lock and pushed my DS to the street. It is a dirt road. I live on a dead end road in the woods. My nephew came home at 12:30am and had to walk around it. So in 2-1/2 hrs. It was gone.
I am sad sad sad.
I got it one year ago new and am still making payments for another 4 years.
If you know anything and help in me me getting it back I will scrape scrounge and deliver $1,000 REWARD
Brian

Old 12-22-2004, 06:05 AM
Pro Rider

Really sorry to hear your quad got stolen.Hope they catch the bastards.Thieves suck

Old 12-22-2004, 07:29 AM
Pro Rider

sorry to hear that man. I would like to hear somebody catch one of these scumbags in the act. it would not be pretty if I caught someone steeling my stuff. well, I all most hate to ask. did you have insurance?

Old 12-22-2004, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

while i was getting my pred engine done....i had my cousins trailblazer in my garage, and sure as sh*t someone too the thing!!!! i was pissed, and the cops acted like they couldn't do a damn thing!!

Old 12-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to hear about your situation. The question I have is what is the best way to protect your ride when you take your four wheeler on a trip. I do not have an enclosed trailer and would welcome any suggestions on avoiding the theft of our stuff.

Old 12-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

I have a open trailer as well. as a rule, we never ever leave a qaud unatended. whether its chained down or not. we keep someone in our party there 100% of the time. there is no other way to protect against theft IMO.

Old 12-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

That SUCKS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 12-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Really sorry to hear of this. They would have been back to get the DS. Get insurance on your quads guy....these toys are expensive!

Old 12-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

That sucks! Sorry to hear that Brian. It's a shame when good people work hard to get the things they want then some scum bag steals it, trashes it, and eventually dumps it cause he didn't have to work for it. It just goes to show you can't trust anyone and nothing is safe. My buddy had his month old Banshee stolen from his back yard from his shed where it was locked up. Some one knew exactly where it was. Another prob is that they're almost never found. The theives will ride it on private property or part it out on ebay. it's sucks, but at least you didn't lose both of them. Hopefully you'll get lucky and the cops will catch the scum responsible.
Joe

Old 12-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Wow...real sorry to hear this. Hopefully your dog alerted you soon enough and the cops started to look in time to catch them. No matter what your dog deserves a nice big juicy bone.

Quick Reply: Somebody has stolen my quad