CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What modds do I need on a DS 650 for 75HP

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What modds do I need on a DS 650 for 75HP

That is to the ground. The bomb guys dont fart around with play numbers in here. Its rear wheel hp always. I spent just under 5k, and got 67 at the wheels. That 5 k doesnt include tuning. Anyway, good luck with your project, you cant go wrong with sled or street bike motors. They are a blast to run.

Gary
p.s. My gsxr1000bomb project is under way. After APE mods, Ill be around 190 - 200 hp at the rear wheels. Zzzooooooooooommmm

changine the name to gixxergary.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

DStroyer when you take it to silver lk post i would like to see that.

Old 01-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

You better get REAL BUSY on that Gixxer project if you plan on making the Silver Lake trip with us in the spring Bud!!!

Old 01-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Dstroyer,
A Gsxr engine in a quad now that would be extreme. My son has Yamy 650 street bike with 116 hp but he won't let me have the engine, lol. It seems I have lot of options. If I did manage to build something this extreme I don't think I could find a dyno around that would handle the power, lol, I might have to take it to a car dyno!!!!

Old 01-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: atvaddict01
DStroyer when you take it to silver lk post i would like to see that.

It will be ready!!! Quadbart, you want to put up another pizza? This time I would have a good shot at not losing the meal. LOL If anyone wants to see a very well built rappy kick some ars, you gotta see Quadbarts rappy. He tuned all summer long last year, and towards the end of the year, he was consistantly beating my 67hp DS. I hate you Quadbart!!!!!! LOL Naw, hes a good friend of mine, just not when racing.

gixxergary

Old 01-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Is the 75hp on your Prarie at the wheels, or guestimated???
Justin

Old 01-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

75 HP. I got that with a stock motor. Just add a little go juice. 100hp, thats the next objective. just a little more laughing gas, i think she can take just a little more.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

JdsBusa,
75 hp is at the crank, it is difficult to get a true hp reading from the rear wheels with a cvt trany. Recently I turned 4.74 on a 300 foot drag at 3200 feet this was in November of last year. I believe I have my cvt working at top efficiency not to say the same motor would be quicker with a manual tranny.

I can see there is a strong following with the DS I havn't made my decision yet I will talk with a few engine builders that you fellows have turned me onto. I want to build this one myself just to say I did it I will of course buy, assemble components from the builders a proven platform. I thank you all I will keep you on top of my decision as I progress.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

Altoys,

No offense here, but, your telling us that your Kawi Prarie, is not only making 75hp at the crank, but turned a 4.74 in 300 foot? Your machine weighs in at what, about 600 plus if lightened. Do you realize a 4.74 second pass is around 70mph at the other end. Lets see some time sheets, a dyno, or something. We DS guys can smell BS a mile away. Maybe Im wrong, but in this case, Im going to stick with the BS theory. I can understand getting the 75 ponies at the crank, especially if your shooting. But those tranny's will lose at least 20% to the ground. (conservative) If your gonna make claims of spectacular, and unbelievable runs, you should at least get your HP numbers and times to match. Last year, I had the opportunity to run against a prarie in Lodi Wisconsin. This machine was light, and shooting nos with lots of added motor work. His times were in the 5.6 second range. Extremely respectable for what it is. To get another second off that time, your going to need some major HP, especially to carry 600 plus pounds down the track. Sorry for the ramblings, but this isnt the yamaha forum. LOL

25 hp. scrotts garden tractor
5 acre cuts in 2.5hrs.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

DStroyer,
Send me your email I will send you my dyno chart I would put on here but I do not know how to do it. Send me your email I will send you my chart from there you can do what ever you want with it!!! Check out www.fundypowersports.com for some interesting video. Talk with Shotgun about a fellow by the name of Ray at Fundy Power Sports about his V Force that is very close to 4 seconds in 300 feet without Nos or turbo. I have done a lot of work to my P 700 not to say that it can't be beat because it can, by you, maybe not, who nows. My motor was built by Ray I am very satisfied now I am looking for something else a DS might just enter into my garage? You don't have to believe my claims or anyone else for that matter. I have remodeled my clutch reduced rotational mass by 900 grams this plus some other modds to my machine have helped me to be very competitive. Put it this way, the only thing that beat my P 700 were modified quads with sled engines with a shot of Nos and you know what, the sled engine quads had, you guessed it, a CVT Tranny...........hmmmm.

I am almost at the limit of my P 700 a bigger bore will not give that much more power this spring I will attempt to push my P 700 to 100 mph plus, that is my goal. I tried to break the 100 mph mark this last February I was close till I hit a patch of ice where upon I rolled it at 98mph. It has taken almost a year to heal from that mishap this time I will achieve my mark because I want to. I may post it on the forums, or I may not, I would like prove to myself I can make a 700# machine surpass 100 mph. Do I need to prove it to anyone,.........just myself!!!!

Quick Reply: What modds do I need on a DS 650 for 75HP