CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Anyone use Hiper or Douglas wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use Hiper or Douglas wheels?

I need to replace my rims because they are bent. I am looking at the Hiper 4 piece carbon fiber wheels and the Douglas Ultimate wheels. Anyone using these? Any mods have to be made for them to work?
Getting them stock from my dealer is about $130 - 150 per wheel. The hipers are about $170. I don't know how much the Douglas' are yet There are some that are off-set. I don't know if they are for me or not? Does off-set make the rear wider or more narrow?

Old 01-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Air
Pro Rider

I like my Hiper wheels. I bought them used from a member here.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

I like douglas wheels. They have have worked great for me. I have also used ITP wheels. The ITPs never seem to be drilled out right. Also the center welds are cheesy. I would definately reccomend any douglas wheel. Stay away from the ITP's

Old 01-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

Dont get me started about Hyper crap --- [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone know when Hiper will have rear wheels available for the 2005 DS? I've been waiting eight months so far, and knowing Hiper it will be another 2 to 3 years before they are available. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Sure glad my ITPs have held up just fine.

OL

Old 01-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

I have the douglas rims on the front and love them, compared to the ITP's on the back. I also had to redrill the ITP's on the rear while the douglas fit like a glove. I feel that like "DG" ITP spends more more money on advertising and less on quality control?

Old 01-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BartlettRacing
yea hipers are crap ... one guy had a bad dealing with them and there crap [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] mark get over it that happend years ago ...

*** WARNING ***

If my opinion offends you, please dont read this message!

If they have fixed the rim offset to match the DS stock rim, and they have built a better bead lock system, and have improved customer delivery - More power to them. Otherwise, they make great planters for your house!

I'm perfectly happy to give my opinion - I thought thats what the post wanted - Please excuse my opinion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hyper wheel has a different offset than stock making the rear narrower. Hyper suggests installing wheel spacers to make up the difference. I chose the OMF Bead lock. It starts life off as a Douglas wheel and OMF welds a bead lock on it. I don’t like the idea of a wheel spacer, its just one more thing to go wrong.

Old 01-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

If you are looking for beadlocks go look at OMF Performance. I just ordered a set and they are 2nd to none. If you are looking for just a set of tough regular rims, go with douglas 190's. I have run the for years and have never had any problems.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

Now now
The idea of the off set narrowing my 03 is what I am looking for! I didn't know this. Now I can put the RazrII's on it and keep it somewhat stock width. You have to understand that the trees come up FAST and usually they are so close together, the slightest mistake and it's over. Narrow is good. I didn't get the razrs because it would have made me even wider with the stock wheels.
The person I met at the race was a dealer for Hiper and Douglas. He had the Hipers and said they would be the last wheel I ever needed. I could be wrong but I think he said they were guaranteed. Maybe he said the ring was guaranteed? I can't remember. Hi sfriend had the Douglas Ultimate wheels and said they were awesome, too. The difference was during practice one of the guys running hipers got a flat. Back at the pits he simply unscrewed the rim and took the tire off. Put a new one on. Screwed it back together and filled it with air. Done. If you have ever had to break the bead on the DS bead locker, you know my 140lbs would look like a circus act trying bust the bead.
What guage are the DS BAJA wheels? Because on the flip side, I see the AA riders using the 190 rolled Douglas wheels. I have a hard time seeing these hold up to the abuse without a ring.
I am getting my income tax return check soon and will be ready to purchase. I just want to get the most practical wheel.

Quick Reply: Anyone use Hiper or Douglas wheels?