CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

tm 45 or the new lectron 44mm power jet

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tm 45 or the new lectron 44mm power jet

I have the 46hv, and the only thing I wish I would have done different is I should have planned ahead and gotten the 48hv. These topics have been beat to death, and everytime there is a crowd of people who run the lectrons and love them and wouldnt change them for anything. I am one of those! the only person I have ever heard about carb sticking issues is..well, not trying to be a butt, but you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And you run a mikuni. Every other person that had gotten one has been more than pleased with it. There is not a single dirt drag within 3hrs of my house, not a sand dune within 15hrs. I love my lectron!!! 99.9% of my riding is nasty @$$ mud trails, creek crossings, hill climbs, rocky trail, tight woods, open woods etc etc. I love my lectron!!!!!! I have had mine for right at a year, has many many hours of riding. With no problem AT ALL.
Thanks
Justin
Just My $.02
PS.I love My Lectron(that would be a cool bumper sticker..)

Old 02-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Well anyone believing a lectron dose not and will not hang up is drunker than a hash rat at a hard corn steil !!!!!!!!!! they can be controlled and even brought to a min but they always go back that way.And i may have not sold as many or owned as many as some but i seriously dought any one has ever had as many lectrons on quads at one time as i have 6 ds650s and one 440ex and one 370 warrior and they all stuck at some time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] thats how i flew over the top at FSW II and that was the reason for my third life flight out of the gordon wells drags YES THEY ARE THE MOST PRONE TO STICK CARB OUT THERE !!!!!!

Sorry if this offends anyone but this is a public forum and i for one would feel bad if someone not knowing there is a good chance the slide can and most likley will stick got hurt because we didn't speak up i for one feel hightower is very much correct!!!!! None of my bikes that are meant to play have lectrons only the ones i get busy on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dual FCR39's are it for me. Definitely more of a HP thing.

The throttle on my FCR's is without a question stiffer than the stocker but, I don't think it is much stiffer than the TM45. I've never run the Lectron but, I've heard it is stiff too (guys I know with the Lectron run the aftermarket thumb throttle.)

I had my FCR's stick open once (last trip to Glamis). I had just got the bike back to gether and had taken the carb apart and cleaned it while the bike was down. I'm sure it was either the accelerator linkage or a piece of sand in the slide but, once I got the bugger un-stuck didn't have a problem the rest of the trip.

You should have seen the look on the faces of my Raptor owning buddies as I took the carbs off the bike while on the side of a dune (hey, its where it stopped when I hit the kill switch - yes, had to change my shorts after that!). Those Raptor guys couldn't believe I could work on my carbs with only taking the seat off the bike.

I'm going to have to get an aftermarket thumb throttle if I expect the Wife to ride the spare bike but, I still love the FCR's. Yes, much more than the TM45. The bike starts easy and the response is much better. Jetting isn't too bad even for having duals.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the only person I have ever heard about carb sticking issues is..well, not trying to be a butt, but you
You are 100% wrong and if you spent time reading all the posts from the last couple years, which would be one heck of a chore, you would see much differently.

You all know what these forums are for, they are for asking and answering and learning and sharing. This is the only reason I ever reply to any post. There is nothing in it for me, I'm just trying to help, there is no gain one way or the other for me, I am not a dealer or a salesman.

i for one would feel bad if someone not knowing there is a good chance the slide can and most likley will stick got hurt because we didn't speak up
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I SPEAK UP! The slides have stuck open, and some cases wide open! I don't make this **** up, but I sure as hell pass it along because its my responisbility as a fellow rider and forum member. If some can't appreciate that, well then that's their loss.
So okay once again I've beaten a dead horse, I'm out. But more than likely not for good, as I'm sure most of you expect.

Old 02-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

trentk

Post a message on the whats in your garage thread saying you have space for a 46, one might turn up, If you go for the tm hightower knows how to get the spring tension fixed and im sure will help you out with info on that front.

Any way good luck, which ever way you go im sure you wont be dissapointed.

Old 02-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Range Rover

i can't post there cuz im not a "supporting MEMBER"

so im stuck here supporting my own member

Old 02-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

here
http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...ARTPAGE/48.cfm[/h]

Old 02-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Hightower,

I thought you answered his question well. I've always thought all of your posts have been very informative, not just the ones that are as polarizing as this subject. Eric has the right to defend his product, but if the Lectron carb is vulnerable to sand, or dirt, its good information to have on hand so that safety issues are kept at a minimum. There are lots of choices out there, larger carbs from Mikuni and also the dual FCRs with lots and lots of history. If those issues aren't a concern, and someone wants a Lectron, then they have nearly all the facts about them right here on this forum, including dyno numbers.

There are probably more people than just one that have had a problem with lectron being affected by sand. Like I said, this is a very polarizing subject.

Old 02-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

AZ sand
"Well anyone believing a lectron dose not and will not hang up is drunker than a hash rat at a hard corn steil !!!!!!!!!! "

That is funny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

But i have mine set up and it does not hang up im not saying it was the simplest instalation i have ever done but with a little time and efort , and advise from hpresearch it came good.

Now i aint saying you did any thing wrong in setting yours up, And i am not saying its a milion times better than the tm 45 if at all as i havent tried one.
but i am happy with my carb and as yet it does not hang up.

Did hpreasearch offer to help with the carb you got from them ? They have been real helpfull to me and i bought mine used which i thought was pretty good of them.

Hightower
As for the sand on the slide thing . I would be horrified to find sand inside the intake of any engine, if there is sand in there a sticky carb will be the least of your worries, I know from what i have read here that you know your stuff with these bikes And im sure you maintain yours above that standard but i would accept that there are riders who do not, I have several friends who turn up with bikes in sorry states of repair and concider checking oil a hardship. so your right for those guys a standard bike would probably be the best option.

Just letting the guy who asked opinions my story not trying to start an argument with any one

Old 02-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

No blue i did not need help i use the same green spring that mrhp sells with his carbs if you've never ridden this part of the country there is no such thing as keeping silt out of your carbs. the dirt gets in everything and that just the facts.On the big girl we would sometimes change the air filters every three runs.If yours has never stuck consider your self lucky i have recieved multiple pms from people with 46hv asking my opinion on the problem to witch i have replied check the open forums.

Quick Reply: tm 45 or the new lectron 44mm power jet