CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

tm 45 or the new lectron 44mm power jet

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tm 45 or the new lectron 44mm power jet

It’s funny how very objective people that point out problems with a piece of hardware, can get labeled as disliking the individual who sells it. On the other side of the coin, I suppose it can be viewed that their comments are self-serving. But I can’t see how that would be true in the case of Hightower and BigDaddy (and others!). Further, how their comments can then be interpreted as hate for another builder or person is quite a leap. I too have been accused of hating someone else on this forum, and to be honest, I don’t know where that comes from. I can see how people would naturally interpret my comments, as well as others, as being self serving. But to jump to the hate element is astounding to me.

Hightower, BigDaddy, & CountryJoeGlass (and others), I would encourage you and anybody else that has objective opinions like yours (for or against), to keep posting without fear of being ostracized. The way I look at it, if someone accuses you of being a hatemonger, that’s probably more revealing than anything. Further, any builder, ANY BUILDER, that interprets a performance review of a part, or build as posting a personal attack should think twice. The fact is every item, part, or build, has its advantages and disadvantages. Simply because it has some disadvantages, that shouldn’t be viewed as personal attack.

These problems aren’t unique to the DS650 forum here at ATV connections. I see these problems all over. In another public forum I gave a final report on the 460 stroker that I built for my EX and compared it to the 440 that I had built. Because the results were mixed at best, I was accused of being a stroker hater, when in fact they were a stroker lover, and refused to be objective about the results. To them, the stroker was the best mod for every application under the sun, which of course could never be true with every part or modification.

It’s too bad it happens, but it happens all the time. All we can do is view how people react, and keep that in our memory and use that to gauge future posts.

Old 02-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dayyyyyummm! Its not to often that the "old school" guys get into a mixxer...LOL.

Hightower, bigDaddy, yall boys stick around, It sometimes is healthy to get the blood pressure up alittle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] no real harm done. And as far as the Banny roosters.......just ignore 'um, their little feathers will calm back down. LOL.

Both these carbs are good carbs, and I remember Mr.HP and THEBOM getting together and having a Dyno shoot out??? I believe after all the smoke cleared the Lectron produced 1hp more the the TM45. It will ultimately be up to the comsumer wether 1hp is worth the extra cash. And I am sure any man that is going to spend several hundred dollars ona carburator will appreciate any info he can get his hands on.

Bigger.

Old 02-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

Oregon - well said. Bigger, and Oregon thanks for your support. Not support of me, Hightower, Eric or any other individual, but for supporting what makes this forum a better place. My intent was NEVER to discredit or judge an individual, it was simply to point out some very important differences in products that I paid for, used and judged accordingly. I've helped people with carbs, suspension, electrical, NOS, engine assembly etc. etc. I don't mind that people ask for help, but I do mind when opinion of a product receives a knee-jerk reaction and motivates negativity.

The VERY sad part of this entire situation is that within the last 12 hours, I've recieved 17 emails from members with all kinds of carbs. All of them declaring support for my opinions of products but are not willing to publicly (on the forum) come out of the proverbial closet in fear of retaliation from the Lectron/HPresearch camp. That scares me a great deal. That's not what this forum is about. I'm fairly certain that Eric, Randal and the rest of HPresearch don't want that either. Unfortunately, that seems to be what happens when any discussion at all takes place about Carbs.

I hope that this email is not taken out of context, and that we can all learn from each other. I'm also hoping that through a less reactionary roll, the people on each side of the house can come together for more positive/constructive discussions. Most of us are here because we are trying to make our DS's better than they already are. Let's remember that..... And above all else, remember that there are good folks on the other ends of the keyboards.

Just my .02

Old 02-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Amen this is a site for coversation and knowledge and this thread in my opinion has some of the truley knowlegable ds guy in town on it!!!!!!!Who are only sharing there knowledge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We are all lucky for this forum. Here is one for you!!!!! Last winter riding on a wet day at winchester my dual fcrs on the 720 stuck wide open while going over a razor and I crashed hard!!! Took it apart and could not find a problem and never happened again. I think all carbs at some point might stick. Be careful here!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

When my TM stuck wide open going up comp at Dumont, It really got my attention. The end of the line was coming up real quick.... I must of looked real stupid, getting off my sled at the top. Every time I unweighted, the dang thing would start acting right. I felt real stupid when someone on this forum clued me in......

This forum is a blessing, and not something that should be used for EVIL!!!!! now that was funny. I don't get to use the word EVIL too much.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Big I was definately not calling you retarded, as in mentally retarded. After making that post I didn't pay much more attn to the thread.
I'm not a psychiatrist(sp) but rather a machinist. I was trying to use the word in a mechanical sense rather than mental. I was calling the idea of hardened steel roller bearings on an aluminum carb body retarded or not advanced but moving backwards in design rather than forward because as a machinist I know that steel rollers on aluminum spells sudden disaster. I have no desire to call anyone names but was rather calling out strict attention to the problem of small diameter steel rollers on aluminum.

Definately a bad chioce of words. Sorry bro--- please forgive me.

Old 02-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

HP, I know where you're coming from. No worries here mate! When are you going to start working on EFI? That's what we really need. With your smarts and know-how, it should be a breeze for you guys to come up with something...... Can I be any more suggestive???? With all the other EFI's starting to show their faces in the ATV world, adaptation should be getting easier and easier.

Keep us up to date!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Old 02-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Dont quit speaking your minds guys.Alot of good info comes from it.

Old 02-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

We have talked to KMS about their EFI and when they get the latest programming in it should be high quality. Until now the computer could not read in real time and tell the injector exactly what A/F it wanted at all RPM's when taking readings from the O2 sensor. The new programming will do just that according to Kelly and there will be no need to dyno tune each engine combo. I'm not sure but he may already have the new programming.

We have also been told by Lectron that they are interested in EFI and I think their throttle bodies will be some of the best out there.

Quick Reply: tm 45 or the new lectron 44mm power jet