CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

wisconsin sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wisconsin sucks

Same here in MN I wouldn't say WI sucks, I would say the Packers suck though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

I agree 100% that all these law suites suck and have know idea where it will end. It is the parents responsibility to watch the kids and teach them to be safe, not only their kids but others too. A lot of parents today get all pissed off if someone else gets on to their kid but they are just making it harder on themself. I can remember growing up and how if I did something stupid in front of an adult they would scold me good and call my parents. When I got home I would be in for a butt blistering from my parents first for doing the stupid thing and second for making someone have to call them. Theres a lot of great kids out there that show respect to adults but then there are some just running wild with no rules being placed on them. It only hurts the kids when they get grown by not laying down some rules for them to follow. The man facing the jail time was in the wrong but I'm sure he never meant for something like that to happen. I don't think a 10,11 or 13 year old should be set loose on a high powered atv no matter how good they are. Think back to when you were a kid. All kids think they are indestructable, I did and just about every kid today does. It's not until you get a little more mature that you start thinking about what could happen when you push the machine just a little to far. Some of the kids I have seen at the local riding parks couldn't even touch the floor boards but they were ripping through the park wide open. Their parents were just setting under a tent drinking beer and laughing about how small they looked on the atv. Placing a kid on an atv to big for them, letting them ride it wide open with no helmet, and drinking beer and riding an atv in front of the kids. That really teaches these kids responcibility. Theres nothing wrong with the drinking but as parents we have to watch what we do and say infront of kids because even we think their not listening or watching they are and they will mimic us. Hopefully some of these parents will wise up before they are in the same position the man mention above is in and they have to go to a funeral no parent wants to ever go to.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

be a outlaw your son will be glad you did. we had more problems with under powered quads than we have ever have with the 400. even the adults we ride with have accidents when the machines they ride run out of power. seems they were right when they wrote that the 400ex was very easy to ride. well good luck on avoiding 5.0

Old 04-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default wisconsin sucks

check the wi dnr laws on atv im pretty sure the law is as follows you can ride a atv if under the age of 12 if it is 90cc when you reach 12 you must take a dnr safety course to ride anything larger once you pass the course you can ride alone without the course you must ride with a parent or legal gaurdian you cannot ride on any routes only trails untill you pass the test i think the whole dnr laws for kids suck does any one realize how many houres of trail riding a kid will have before he is taught the rules? are kids are alot smarter then we give them credit for I just hope every parent teaches them the correct way to ride.

Old 04-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2005, 05:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

I hear your pain, I went to the Bomb dealer with my oldest (8yr old) saturday to check out a DS90......
I found out that here it Utah

1. She cannot ride anything larger than a 50cc ATV until she is 12 on any state land.
2. She has to take a ridder saftey course to ride the 50cc.
3. At 12 she can ride anything...
4. There is no restriction on Motorcycles and no saftey course required at any age, she could ride a CR250 if she could put a leg over it!
5. Because she was with me they could not even sell me the ATV that day, if I wanted it I would have to come back in a few weeks without her an hope they don't remember me.....they could be held liable if something happened and they new it was for an under age ridder.
6. What a crock of shat.

I want to set a good example for my kids a be an upstanding citizen.....but what a crock. I think we might be breakin the law breakin the law pretty soon.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

dont say wisconsin sux, u think u have ur laws bad u should come to minnesota, everything is outlawed, i have my atv safty but i never ride with any1 over 16 and it sux to get on ur quad and be scared about gettin picked up everytime u ride. I love wisconsin, they dont care at all because every1 has a quad, its those frickin dirtbikes that make problems for us, they rip the **** out of everything......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

Just have to find the right area to ride, WI and MN have many miles of very desolate and barely used trails. Countless miles of county and state forfeited land, logging roads, with which they do not care what you do on. You just need to find them. Get a plat book, find state and county forfeited lands and you won't have to worry. IF you just ride the state trails/forests and grant aid trails, yes your going to get hassled.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

i work saturdays so i get a day off during the week thats when we go riding up around black river falls wi, been doing this for years (he's been riding "illegal"for 2 years now) and it's all but deserted but there's times it would be nice to ride on a saturday or sunday. 2 more years and he'll be able to get his permit to ride legal and this will all be behind us.