CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

WTF..... BROKE MY NEW WORKS SHOCK????

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF..... BROKE MY NEW WORKS SHOCK????

yesterday after driving three hours to ride i actually broke my shock after riding for about an hour.........??????? i am so pissed right now. i have the works triple rates that are four months old and have about 15 hours on them. and yes they have the beefy shafts not like the early works shocks. the shaft broke at the very bottom where it mounts to the seat. i was riding over a little dirt mound that was about two feet tall at about 15 mph. the friggin thing broke and springs and crapp went flying. i am lucky i was not going faster i could have killed myself. i would not be so mad if it broke after i flat landed a 25-30 foot drop. that is expected but a little dirt mound. i am at a loss for words. all i know is i am calling works first thing monday and pitching a fit. they better do something for me. if they make things right without emptying my wallet i will be ok. anyone ever have this happen????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry to hear about your luck. I just wrote a pretty hefty check for a new pair myself. I would be pitching a fit also. Mine are holding up pretty good so far. Hope they make it right with you, good luck.

Old 04-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

anyone had one break????????

Old 04-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider

Bombsaint, any luck with them fixing it for you?

Old 04-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

well i shipped them back to works yesterday. 25.00 for the shipping one way. i am pretty hot, right now. anyway the guy at works said that they would have to inspect he shocks to determine if it is a result of my aftermarket a-arms. what the fuc$%&*. i already know that is what they are gonna say and i am gonna be billed to have the shock fixed. i asked how in the hell can they tell if it is my a-arms that caused the break if they cant see the arms and only the shock. he said they can tell since you know they are loaded with rocket scientists out there at works shocks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] anyway i am so sick of dumping money into this friggin quad. i get out of the navy at the end of may and the paychecks stop til i start work in ohio. so money is a huge issue for me right now. i think that after this ordeal is over i am not gonna have anything good to say about works. i will keep the site informed. after all is said and done i probably could have spent the same on a set of elkas and not had any problems. well i guess the old saying "you get what you pay for " is true in the case of shocks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2005, 03:25 PM
RXM
Trailblazer

What kind of aftermarket A-arms do you have? If they did not get the shock mount correct it will bind the shock and can cause the shaft to break. Shocks dont usually just break for no reason.

Old 04-19-2005, 04:07 PM
TPR
The Champ

RXM, here you go, this is in his sig....armadillo a-arms......

The Phantom......can be helpful....

Old 04-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Guess it's to late now but I would have just told them I had stock a-arms. I know, I know thats a little dishonest but you think these big companies won't try and stack the cards in their favor? Hope you get em fixed and they don't charge you anything. I guess I'll just stick with my stock shocks, heck I don't ride fast enough to tell the difference in shocks anyway.

Old 04-19-2005, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

I feel your pain. That sucks. I have a set of stockers you can use until these come back.
mud

Old 04-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

I had works for my warrior and i broke both top dual rate springs phoned them up and they sent me a pair i wasnt happy about them breaking but that wasnt the worst part i needa new bushings for the shocks a couple years after phoned them up and they wouldnt send me any....i kept phoning and phoning but no they wouldnt send em, or get back to me at all........all i have to say is i am NEVER getting works again even tho they are a cheap shock, ide rather spend the extra money for tcs or elka

Quick Reply: WTF..... BROKE MY NEW WORKS SHOCK????