CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

bmw f 650 fuel injection

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 09:35 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bmw f 650 fuel injection

i have a chance to pick up a bmw f-650 thats been wrecked (frame is pretty bad as well as forks) for $500 its at the local cycle shop. where i work part time as a night job. i messed a bit with it yesterday and got it to fire over and the motor runs great. it's showing 6000 miles on the odometer.

what i want it for is to see if that fuel injection set up can be used on a ds. has anyone done that before?
i really want fuel injection and cant see spending 1400 on the hpr self learn.
anyone have any insight on this?

Old 04-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

they use the same motor, so it should just be a bolt up, maybe some fab work???h

Old 04-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would grab it in a heartbeat, for $500 you can make your money back many fold parting it out.
The fuel injection would be fun to try and swap over, I know I'd give it a shot.

Old 04-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yea, you would probably have to swap out the ignition system aswell, and possible the Stater,and Rectifier sytems, but they SHOULD all be doable. Thier is aslo be some Air sensors involved, so take you time and have fun. It is definately worth 500 bucks IMO.

bigger.

Old 04-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

hey if you don't want it, I'll drive to NY and give you $500 for it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

you can also get ahold of sandaholic, as he installed the kms injection on his DS. he can probably give you some advice/tips

Old 04-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

When I picked up my BMW rectifier, I asked if the fuel injection would work on our DS's. I was told that the head on the motorcycle is configured differently (internally), and that the fuel injection for the cycle application wouldn't work.
I don't know if this is a fact or not, but I would hate to see you spend the cash, and then have it not work. I would first contact KMS, and see if they have any info regarding this.
J.

Old 04-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

I would look at swapping the whole motor, as you know that the EFI system works with that motor. Have fun and good luck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I have a KMS EFI Turbo system and I can tell you it is well worth the price.

Kelly is NOT getting rich!!! His parts cost to put together his systems, plus his labor, as all the pipes are hand made, add up to a lot. He does have to pay his bills and make a living.

He has spent years working on EFI and turbo systems to get it right. His customer service is excellent. He gets a system up and running but still contiunes with R & D and makes upgrades. Few businesses do this! If EFI was easy to figure out, there would be a lot of other people doing it.

Old 04-29-2005, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

i never said efi was easy or cheep nor should it be. i never said anything about kelly's work, or that his prices were inflated.i personaly cant see spendin 1400 on efi. im thinking of trying to do something for cheep cuz i hate spending money. ive already found some people that will buy alot of parts of the 650 so i can atleast break even (i was offered 400 for the swing arm and rear rim, break assembly, and sproket. so i think im gonna buy it. and see what i can build. if it dosnt work maybe i can sell the motor and stuff for close enough to pay for that elf learn efi kit.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Man, I think azsandrider is on to something...I would freshen up that cycle motor, and then throw that in the quad frame!!! You could continue to ride until it was ready, then have a spare motor to play with later.
J

Quick Reply: bmw f 650 fuel injection