CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sand Mountain - Memorial Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 07:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand Mountain - Memorial Day

MMMMMM, Apple Pie!!!!!

I cooked up a batch of that just last weekend and will be bringing it with us up to St. Anthony's. It turned out just like I remember.

Old 05-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

Just some more info - Chuck from CG will be there: He and I are going together. Also, Randy from LTE will also be there. Mike from Mod Quad couldn't get away.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
I'll bring the Everclear, Cloves and and Cinnamon Sticks if someone wants to bring the apple juice and all the other stuff - I dont have a stove to cook it in.
I have a stove. I'll be up Friday afternoon in a tan colored Duramax crewcab pulling a 22' white enclosed tralier.

Sean,
What does you new rig look like?

Old 05-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Well i'll be up there tomorrow morning just for the day. I'm not taking my motorhome, i'm just taking my truck. I have a new grey dodge ram cummins. It is grey with a SRT-10 hood. I'll just have a small flat bed trailer behind me. I should be parked with a lifted grey ford superduty with my black enclosed snowmobile trailer behind it. We should be there around 11 and plan to leave in the evening sometime.

Old 05-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

I just got back. I met Sean, Jeff and lots of others - A lot of DS owners there! Sean, Good to see your new truck! LOL - I hope my tow strap didn't hurt any of the pretty chrome! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2005, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

LOL. thanks for that little pull, i dunno why it didnt do very good in the soft sand, guess i'll have to lift it and get some bigger tires to fix that problem [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2005, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Dont feel bad. That GMC TopKick Versahauler Crew with its 25000 lbs 5th wheel got towed out this morning.... again! LOL. It drew quite a crowd too!

Old 05-30-2005, 03:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Man, I feel pretty damn special that my 4x2 '98 F150 made it both in and out of Sand Mountain without trouble at DS Days last year. I didn't have a trailer on and I do have good sized tires, but still - 4wd trucks get stuck there left and right. I'm hoping Sandaholic decides to go this year and then perhaps I can get him to drive his 4wd GMC.

Old 05-30-2005, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

I dont know if any of you guys saw the Porche sand car down there. The guy that owns it camped right next to us. After drewling over that thing, admiring the 240 horse motor and chromoly frame, the guy offered me a ride. We went true baja style (by the way, he races the Baja 1000 every years in that) across the main road over by the windmill. The thing would go over 20-30 foot drops in the road and suck it up at 40-50 mph. It truely was an amazing machine -

Old 05-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

Back from Sand mountain. What a zoo. Saw lots of DS's. Didn't get to meet any of you as you all seemed to be busy when I stopped to talk. Oh well. Saw the Ds with the Ron Woods/Bom drag pipe. Looks nice, wonder how it performs? Did anyone watch the Fireball Racing Hyabusa drag bike. It was the first time out and they had a few issues, but it was radared over 113 mph on the hill every time it went up without it breaking something. Unbelievable[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Saw more 4 cylinder conversions than ever, at least 10 different bikes. There was a real nice Yellow DS 4 cylinder than ran well. I guess I am going to start looking for a busa......

Quick Reply: Sand Mountain - Memorial Day