CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sand Mountain - Memorial Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand Mountain - Memorial Day

Originally posted by: Cardiac
Back from Sand mountain. What a zoo. Saw lots of DS's. Didn't get to meet any of you as you all seemed to be busy when I stopped to talk. Oh well. Saw the Ds with the Ron Woods/Bom drag pipe. Looks nice, wonder how it performs? Did anyone watch the Fireball Racing Hyabusa drag bike. It was the first time out and they had a few issues, but it was radared over 113 mph on the hill every time it went up without it breaking something. Unbelievable[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Saw more 4 cylinder conversions than ever, at least 10 different bikes. There was a real nice Yellow DS 4 cylinder than ran well. I guess I am going to start looking for a busa......
WOW, 113 MPH up the hill, thats very impressing. We do good to run 80-90 on flat ground over here....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

The 3 cyl banshee by K&T did 89 MPH up the hill. I got of MPEG Video of it.

Old 05-31-2005, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

there were 2 really fast ds's. I raced them when i was trying to get my alky tuned in on the drag hill and got roosted pretty bad. I was running much better when i switched back to gas but never got a good race with them. Both were yellow and seemed to know eachother. What did you guys have besides nitrous?

Old 05-31-2005, 11:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Was Jeffinrivercity top dawg again?

any vids of DS's? or perhaps some of these conversions that we their?

bigger.

Old 05-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is Jeff's a yellow frame with yellow plastic and lots of chrome? If so, he was by far the fastest Rotax powered DS I saw all weekend.
I raced him once up the hill and that was all the sand I needed to pick out of my teeth.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I only saw one conversion DS (not sure what type of motor) but it was not all that impressive. At least not compared to the Busa DS I saw the year before.

Old 05-31-2005, 02:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

How'd you like that High Compression DS you picked up?

Sounds like Jeff was working the hill a little this weekend! I didn't think he actually rode that quad anymore. Someone was saying he just kept it in the trailer and used it for his boy to sit on and spray spit on as he made engine noises while he was playing that he was riding it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Heard the Ranger's were really clamping down on the rules. Heard Satruday Night at Midnight it got completely quiet as 12-6 is now quiet hours?

WOW - Sleep on a busy weekend! Who woulda thunk-it. - - - Unless you Pass-out. . . . no names [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2005, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff was there - I spent a few minutes talking to him at his trailer and I did see him race. I thought the cops were right on - Not over bearing and giving tickets to the idiots. I didn't notice it being quiet till around 1am or so - that worked for me! Just wish the idiots that ripped through the 20 foot space between our RVs got caught by one of them - I got one crushed chair and they just missed the propane lines going to the camp stove and camp lanterns - Thank God no fires got started from that - I couldnt imagine the chaos that would have insued if a fire got started in a place like that. I did stop a couple kids trying to go through the same space - I tried to stop them and then they revved thier motor like they wanted to run me over - A few swear words later they changed thier tune - then moma came over and gave me an ear full and told me to quit acting like I owned the place - go figure ....

Old 05-31-2005, 03:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ya, Jeff's DS is all Yellow& chrome. And is extremly fast.

Well it sounds like the Pami 830 is still KING of that Hill for another year, I wonder if he even had to spray this year??

One of these days I will make it to DS DAYS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

bigger.

Old 05-31-2005, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

bigger - you didn't miss DS Days yet. This was just an average holiday weekend at Sand Mountain. DS Days is on Labor Day weekend - the other end of summer. So if you want to make it out this year there is no excuse - you've got until September to get ready!!!

Old 05-31-2005, 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where is Sand Mountain I need a new place to ride.

Quick Reply: Sand Mountain - Memorial Day