CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Helloooo Boys!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helloooo Boys!

bigdaddy my neighbor has one of those 700 raptors. When he first got it he was beating me by about 4 bikes, i put my k&n on and it went down to about 2. Well since there is an 85 lbs fifference in the bomb and the raptor and there is an 87 lb difference in me and my buddy we swapped bikes, final results yesterday was 3 for the raptor and 2 for the my 05baja x. all 5 were within a half a bike length

Old 08-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Helloooo Boys!

I've seen the Busa Rails run, and they are fast. Not saying that they are up with the LS1's and Northstars, but they are very fast. Last time at Dumont I saw a turbo busa run. Now that was fast. He didn't win one hole shot, but by the end of the whoops he past just about everything. That said, there was only room for two, and he was the only one in it at the time.

Back to the new Craptor. It's been about two months since I've been out on my DS, and tonight I decided to fire it up and go for a spin. Of course I had to take the paddles that have been on there since the first of June, but the AllTracs went on without a hitch.

Got to be honest here...... I've been riding my new-to-me KTM 620 desert racer, and I thought that I was sort getting to a good pace on it.... It's going on the market tomorrow. I don't know if its because of my size, or just that I'm very comfortable on my DS, but I'm about 10x's as fast on my DS in the desert. I rode the bike this morning and played catch-up with a buddy on his Yamy 450 two wheeler. Most of the time he was pulled over on the road waiting for me, and just kind of laughing. Granted he races motorcross and desert, but it was pretty rediculous. He went with me this evening, just before the sun went down. Well he came off twice trying to catch me, and was astonished on how fast I was on my DS. He felt that I could easily have taken MOST of the guys that are racing EXPERT. Don't know, but man.... I wasn't trying all that hard. I was way tired when I got back, but I haven't ridden my quad in a LONG time.

forget what I said earlier about the Rappy. You couldn't pry this quad from my cold, dead hands.

As far as the Patrone goes.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

hey Mario remember that kooky gal and that guy that i ran into in front of the bathroom? CRAZY STUFF.... How bout' that shorty that was nudgin' me the whole night.

maybe we should just rent some disney movies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default Helloooo Boys!

2big2fast what mods does ur ds have u were racing ur nieghbor with?

Old 08-22-2005, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Helloooo Boys!

My 05baja x is completely stock, 2 weeks ago stock against stock he was beating me by about 4 lengths so i took the k&n and outerwear off my 730 and we raced and it was down to 2 lengths . put the no toil air on his bikes weighs 396 dry with no fluids where mine is 495 the bomb out weighs the raptor by 90 or so i outweigh my buddy by 80 or so, withh me on his and my buddy on mine you are looking at about 700 lbs each. like i said the raptor beat the bomb 3 times and the bomb beat it 2. this was in soft sand then in the weight sand for some reason the bomb wanted to rare up almost every time. all 5 runs were within a half length. so when my head gets back from kentucky were gonna line the raptor against my 730 with race everything with a little suprise from under the seat. then we will see who is the king on our block.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Helloooo Boys!

thanks for info, i've been looking at the new raptors since they been in the magazines, i'm trying to decide if i should keep dumping money into the ds or buy a raptor. I love the ds so i'm really leaning towards spending some more. What i want is the kms fuel injection, but i want more info on it and would also like to see how they compare to the lectrons.

Old 08-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Helloooo Boys!

A little suprise under the seat eh? what system did you go with 2big. I have one on the way also. You figure out if your gonna make it to DS days. Were both in the same boat (waiting for our heads to get back). I got all my other goodies installed. Hopefully my head will show up this week and I get the nos set up in time. Id like to be there to see your neighbors face when he really gets it handed to him.

Old 08-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Helloooo Boys!

Go for it, change is good...

Old 08-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Helloooo Boys!

Dabomb if you are under 220 and 6 foot and dont mind a little rougher ride i would go with the raptor i was impressd with the power it had its just a little small for me or maybe im to big for it. Scatterbrain if i can get everything delivered and put together i am going. randal said my head and stuff should be back before to long. Today is the first day back for ace fab, they have been on vacation, he said it would be here the 28 plus 4. and i went with the boondockers with a small 12 ounce bottle under the seat with the 4 nossal this should be here tommorrow they called me friday night and said it was on the truck. since im using the toil air i have to mount the nossal in the bottom of the rubber boot instead of through the back of the filter. what is the weather like at sand mountain compared to fresno its down in the vally so its pretty much at sea level elevation the only difference is its 100 degres here and 65 at the coast?

Old 08-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Helloooo Boys!

I got the 2 1/2 lb bottle Boondocker system. Should be here tomorrow. I switched to a K&N Filter to make mounting easier but I like your idea better. The no toil makes better power on motor. How are you going to make sure its sealed up good with all the ridges in the snorkle? Ace fab will get it to you in time be sure to remind Chris to express ship it. I got mine 1 day before Dunefest cause he forgot to ship it three day. Did you order the extended brake line? Chris forgot to ship mine with the swingarm so we had to figure out how to make the stock one work. FYI, if you swap the brakeline ends it will clear the chain and have enough slack to work properly. I really like my +4 but im wondering whats going to happen with all the extra power and better tires. Donal's turbo bike has a +5 and about 75hp and it can be hard to keep it down. I should be around 70 on motor plus a 20hp shot. Im wondering if I have enough swingarm. Sand Mt. is out on the desert and will probably be hot. Elevation is around 4000 to 4700 ft. (got it off someones web page)