CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Armagosa/Dumont Nov 11-12th, anyone game?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Armagosa/Dumont Nov 11-12th, anyone game?

My buddy just bought a new camera for the trip. I need to get a larger memory stick as my Microdrive took a dump (I had 4 gigs of storage, I miss it so now). Anyway I spoke with Scott (ATV Dune and Dessert) and he may have some 450Rs by the time we get there. If I were to buy another quad the R would be it.

We leave Monday mid day I believe. Where can I get some good prime rib? Last time I was there I saw signs everywhere for prime rib but I never had the opportunity to get some.

Old 10-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

I think you can get some good prime rib at a place called Hugo's Cellar. It's a little pricey at about $40 but it's a like a 6 or 7 course meal. If you want the cheap stuff, then just about every hotel has a prime rib cut for cheap. Believe it or not, Jerry's Nugget has some good prime rib. Just don't leave the hotel without your bullet proof vest.

should be a good weekend.

I'm hoping to have my motor back together next weekend. FUN, FUN, FUN.

Old 10-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

I also have to make a stop at The Flamingo. When I was there, all you can eat peeled shrimp. It was totally unheard of to me. I hope they still have it when I get there.

What's up with your motor Bigdaddy? I just took apart my entire DS getting her ready in two weeks for powdercoating. I feel however I opened a can of worms. I still have my functioning Stage III bike so I'm not rushing this puppy.

Old 10-09-2005, 03:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Entomber,

If you like Seafood you might check out the Rio - they have a seafood buffet that is all you can eat seafood - of every type including the high dollar stuff like crab and lobster. Last time I was there, I got myself three full plates THEN ate. I ate almost all of it too! I'm only 220 Lbs. to boot! That was the best seafood buffet I've ever had anyhow.

If you are going to hit Dumont on Sunday you won't likely see anyone from California - there is WAY too much traffic to leave late on a Sunday. Most people leave for CA cities (Los Angeles, Orange County, etc.) on Sunday morning to beat the Vegas traffic heading in the same direction. The Vegas return traffic can turn the drive from a normal 3 - 3.5 hours into 6 - 8 hours easy. I'm sure not all Sundays are that bad, but I've never been a betting man as far as traffic goes - it seems the traffic is always there.

Ever thought of switching your days around? Dumont Saturday and Gosa on Sunday?

Old 10-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah I can switch them around Blackhawk. I will give the guy a call and see what is up. He is prob going to want to kick my teeth in for making so many changes. I will give another quick update when I call tomorrow.

I will defintely check ou the Rio then. Man I wish I was staying longer in Vegas. I am also going to exchange some words with Bigdaddy when I get there are about moving over. I always felt I was born on the wrong side of the country.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey, if you ever need help finding a way to move out here there are a lot of guys out here in the west that could help find whatever type of work / neighborhood / etc. you need. LA is only cool if you can stand the idiots in the city. The further from 'downtown' or highly populated places that you get the better the people are around here.

As far as making so many changes - as long as you make the changes early like this (a month away) it can't be that bad, call the week before and he's gonna have some words with you!

Old 10-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Blackhawk...

I noticed you have a Lectron HV46... does it have a low end bog or stumble if ya stab the throttle hard off idle?

Yeah I would love to move out there. Right now my family is falling apart and I think it would be a good idea to move right about now. I spoke with Big Daddy and he said I was in the wrong part of the country for what I do (Signage). Besides NJ is so ANTI ATV. There are more and more places selling quads and each year I see more and more on the back of pick ups and trailers yet we have NO legal open space riding. It's in the works but god knows when we will see that. Meanwhile kids with quads are crossing high speed highways and getting hurt or killed thus adding to the notoriety of ATVs.

I can' wait to go... get that apple pie ready lol. Who knows might just do Dumont 2 days straight. I am sure I will return next year with my DS once she is all done up.

Old 10-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't believe that I have any bog or stumble at all on my 46HV, just good clean power. (And when I tried to do a trail ride on my 2001 with stock carb. I found out just how much more power it really has!) I don't recall ever having trouble with bog or stumble, for me it was a cabling issue, but I worked with Eric and we got it cabled right and now I feel I'm pretty close on the jetting as it runs great. Some day I'd love to get it dyno tuned, but I'd really like to have it dyno tuned by someone who knows both the dyno and the lectron very well, I don't think I would get enough for my money if the tuner isn't lectron experienced. (They are damn simple but when you are trying to eek out that last bit of power, the extra knowledge is ideal.)

The whole Anti ATV things really bites, CA is one of the states that has issues with that, well sort of. A huge percentage of the CA population lives in cities and many of those people never leave the city or see anything but tall buildings, cars and smog Alot of these city dwellers call themselves "Environmentalists" and think they know what is best for the world and it is their way or the highway. Then there are the few who do go out and tell the rest about it making up stories about how things need to change - probably very similar to NJ, but California is so big that most normal people never cross paths with 'Environmentalists' or at least don't know it. (Perhaps the girl serving starbucks coffee to you thinks she is, who knows.)

Out here, it looks as if the fight for more land is actually going in a good direction (at least in some fights) in the next couple of years a large portion of Glamis that has been closed for some time will open back up to riding.

What kind of signage do you do anyhow? Like vehicle signs or illuminated business signs or...? Seems there could be several different fields in that business.

I'll be sure to have some Apple Pie ready, I've got the recipie nailed pretty good and it is kinda fun to make.

Old 10-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

Ironcially the first and last time I had some Apple Pie was in Michigan this year when we rode out in Silver Lake. My friends all snicker at me because I don't like beer but I love the sweet drinks. This is one of the few sweet drinks I have tasted that is very strong and you do not taste the alky in it. SO I am really looking forward to having some again.

From all of us out here... CA is the mecca in the ATV realm. CA Is a big state and I'm sure some areas of the state is more adept to atving than others. Nevada is another state that seems to be in tune with the atv industry. It was cool go out there (wish I took a pic of it) and to see a huge billboard of Maxxis tires. Right then and there I realize how different it is from the East Coast.

PA has a lot of areas to ride and they also seem to be more into the sport, however PA is primarily a trail riding area. The trails are really really rocky. Last time I was there I took my Raptor and I hit a bump that almost bucked me off the quad. When I got back everyone asked me if I rolled my quad. I asked them why did they ask me that (cause I didn't) and they showed me my foot peg, it was bent up in an awkward position. I still to this day don't know how I did not injure my foot. There is also a lot of coal dust out there. It's just not my cup of tea. There are some PAers that I bring to NJ sand and they absolutely hate it and prefer thier native coal dust soil. To each his own right?!

AZ, NV are what I am looking into.. CA if the price is right. I hear it is very expensive now in Cali (or anywhere now for that matter).

Old 10-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

What's with all this Armagosa hate? I was just there on Saturday and loved it.. The sand was beautiful. It has some wonderful sweeps where you can recreate your own roller coaster going up one side and coming back down at full throttle, rounding the other side and heading back up... LOVE IT...

It's so close too, 110 minutes from the edge of Vegas.

I will be at Dumont halloween weekend though, nothing like 2000 bikes to spice things up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Armagosa/Dumont Nov 11-12th, anyone game?