CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Armagosa/Dumont Nov 11-12th, anyone game?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 12:16 AM
MTX
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Armagosa/Dumont Nov 11-12th, anyone game?

I want to get a shot at these pigs...

Old 11-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

I'm going to armagosa to do some testing this saturday..

Hey you guys stop replying to this topic, my mailbox is filling up! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

Well today is do or die..... if I can get a hold of this guy and he can allow Bigdaddy to pick up the quads we are set. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't think I'm going to be out at Dumont this weekend, we're hot in the process of buying a house and I can't take off for a weekend or a day right now. Have fun out on the sand!

Old 11-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck Entomber, I hope all goes well, have a great time!

Old 11-11-2005, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Blackhawk no apple pie this time eh? LOL.. I plan to return in April and this time I will see about shipping my DS (hopefully by then it's set and ready). I got everything resolved. The rental place made some arrangements and we are going to Dumont on Sat. I think Amargosa on Sun or both days of Dumont. FINALLY SOME SAND!!

I look forward to whomever will be out there. I will take plenty of pics and post on my pic page and gallery. See you guys out there!!!

Dumont or bust.

Old 11-11-2005, 02:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Entomber,

That sounds great - by April I have to think I'll be all moved in and should be back into my sand pounding habits. I hope you guys have a great trip and with any luck Dumont will be glassy smooth and no wind. It actually should be really good out there - it has been raining here in CA so that should keep people away from Dumont until Friday / Saturday, and with some luck there was wind during the week to smooth the sand.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

I am back and what a trip it was. Bigdaddy your bike along with your friends Z400 impressed the hell out of me. Those 400 EXes they rented us were absolute dogs to run in the sand. Dumont is huge and very wide. What I didn't realize is Dumont is in California. For some odd reason I thought it was in Nevada. I met Vegas650 (cool dude), Bigdaddy and his crew and some other member for the life of me I can't remember his name. Everyone was very humble and showed me around. One of the guys tagging along with Bigdaddy had a VForce and was simply intimidated by the shear size of the dunes. He rode with my friend who accompanied me.

My bud however liked Amargosa more than Dumont. Dumont is defintely the place for more aggressive riding. I still think Gosa is a better starting point for inexperienced riders. I also saw more children out there on Sunday than Saturday at Dumont.

Mike, your friends wife Salsa was AMAZING. I'm craving some more. As soona s I get all the images sorted out I will post a link. I got a great panoramic shot of Dumont Dunes.

Vegas650 that YFZ was fast....however the twist throttle is kind of funky for me on a quad. Sorry to hear about your DS. Looking to return next year in April with our OWN quads. Mike ready to take me on at Comp Hill?

Old 11-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

No worries on the challenge. The bike only ran stronger throughout the day and that is GOOD!!!! The Vforce was my bike also, and it's fun to ride. Yea, Larry (the guy on the V) is a nervous nelly. I hope that you had fun and I hope that you'll come out again soon. We'll be riding Dumont until mid April or so, come back anytime.

Check out my "East meets West - Dumont or Bust" post. I think you'll enjoy it. I think it's on the second page now.

I don't think that Gosa is better for beginners, I just think its small and less of a mind job. You saw probably 1/4 of Dumont and the smaller stuff is real nice as well. We also have a "Little Dunes" which is where the true beginners start. That's where we camp when it's a family trip. In fact that where we'll be at Thanksgiving.

I should have turned on the juice for ya when you were riding my pig, you would have had a blast.

Gladd you had fun

Old 11-16-2005, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Okay the pics are in you can check them

HERE