CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

SOME MORE COOL FEATURES OF EFI

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOME MORE COOL FEATURES OF EFI

IVE BEEN PLAYING AROUND WITH THE EFI SETUP AND IT SEEMS IT HAS ALOT OF POTENTIAL THAT IS NOT PRESENTED TO YOU. THE SYSTEM WORKS OFF MEGATUNE WHICH IS A FREE EFI TUNNNING SOFTWARE. SO AFTER SOME RESEARCH I FOUND I COULD CONNECT A PALM PIOLT AND DO DATALOGGING. I PICKED UP AN OLD PALM IIIC OF EBAY FOR 20$.DEFINATELY HELPS WITH TUNNING. ALSO THERE A RELEASE OUT THAT DOES HAS AUTO TUNE WHERE IT WILL CREATE ITS OWN FUEL MAP. WHICH I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE CASE WITH THE SYSTEM I GOT. BUT APPARENTYLY IT DOES NOT, I HAVE TO CREATE MY OWN FUEL MAP AND THE EFI WILL KEEP YOU AT THAT MAP REGARDLESS OF TEMP, ALT, WHAT EVER. SO UNTILL YOU GET YOUR MAP DEAD ON THE EFI WILL NOT COMPENSTATE FOR A BAD MAP. I AM GOING TO TRY THE AUTO TUNE VERSION I FOUND AND SEE IF THAT HELPS WITH MY MAPPING. I WILL KEEP POSTING AS I FIND MORE.

Old 10-10-2005, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider

Can you post the links to the sites where you can get your palm to run the MegaTune software?

Where you told you were getting the "tune on the fly" and "self learn" version? The would be interesting if you were sold a unit that was supposed to create new maps but really didn't.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

the palm will not run megatune but there is a program called tunex that will run on a older palm allowing you to make changes to you ecm. has the same basic layout of megatune but in a palm form. there is also a program called palm logger that will allow you to do dataloging. then you can download the data log to your laptop and replay it. it show throttle postion, air fuel ratio, map, and many other variables. this is what i mostly use the palm for. helps out a lot with tunning. there is also a program called mstweak that can take your datalog file and will conver it in to your ve table. i have yet to play with that though. but another program i found is a newer version of megatune. this version actually has auto tune on it. your supposd to be able to hook up your laptop to your bike and turn on auto tune and it will adjust your ve table to a spcifec air fuel ratio while your riding. probally would work nice on a dyno. ive been reading and learning about these programs for about there weeks. i have finally got all the programs downloaded and cables made. so far everything i have tried has worked. the website is

megatune webpage

Old 10-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

wow Saint I have been doing the same thing!! You seem a bit further along than I am, Has kelly been helping ya.?? Pm me. with a phone # if you don't mind..I would like to talk to ya In more detail

Thanks Bud

Old 10-11-2005, 04:04 AM
Pro Rider

THERE IS ALOT OF INFORMATION TO TAKE IN AND UNDERSTAND, BUT THE MORE I GET IN TO IT THE MORE I UNDERSTAND. THERE IS A LOT OF COOL PROGRAMS FOR THE MEGASQUIRT CONTROLLER. IT IS JUST GOING TO TAKE SOME TIME TO UNDERSTAND THEM AND HOW TO USE THEM TO MY BENIFT. I ALSO WANT TO LOOK INTO THE MEGATWEAK MORE. THAT PROGRAM IS SUPPOSED TO TAKE YOUR DATALOGS FROM THE PALM PIOLT AND MAKE YOU A CUSTOM VE TABLE BASED ON THE LOGS. SOUNDS COOL BUT I AM JUST STARTING TO FIGURE THIS PROGRAM OUT.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dang. . . that's a lot of reading. . .

Would be fun to try to put one of these together. . . If I only had the time!!!

Old 10-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sandaholic
Can you post the links to the sites where you can get your palm to run the MegaTune software?

Where you told you were getting the "tune on the fly" and "self learn" version? The would be interesting if you were sold a unit that was supposed to create new maps but really didn't.
"self teach" and there's a "fly in my tune" !!

Wow, I have way too much experience tuning this efi now! My experience, for what it's worth:

The "potential" seems endless. I get excited thinking about it. But, right now, it has been way more complicated than setting a carb up.
You guys are correct- you tell it what to do and it tries to do what you told it, but there are alot of variables for ME to tell it to do. It is very simply, just like jetting a carb, except you change the jets at every rpm and every throttle position possible. You rejet on a computer instead of a round piece of brass with a hole in it. The upside is you have control over everything, the downside is - well- you have control over everything! And every change affects all the other settings. Just like a carb, but alot more jets!
I still can't believe it's as good as it is though. Kelly has alot in this- he is brilliant.

quote: "but another program i found is a newer version of megatune. this version actually has auto tune on it. your supposd to be able to hook up your laptop to your bike and turn on auto tune and it will adjust your ve table to a spcifec air fuel ratio while your riding. probally would work nice on a dyno."

You guys figure this out!
I can't wait until it has the ability for me to program in the air/fuel ratio to be at every rpm, and then it DOES IT! (hint, hint!) Then, I'll be running it on my race bike! Right now I tell it what jet to run and it shoots for that whether I'm right or wrong. Oh, and since barometric pressure is the single biggest atmospheric influence on an engine- I want that to work too!! I'm just not sure I want to pay for a system that does all this.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

HEY KELLY YOU OUT THERE!! WE NEED TO HEAR FROM YA ON THIS!!! I have a KMS, turbo ,alky bike and it'''''s never ran 100% even on gass or race fuel.. OK some stuff has been MY fault.. OTHER THINGS I QUESTION THE SYSTEM!! Kelly has been UNBELIEVEABLE IN HELPING US!! but what a LONG!!!! road . I purchased CRACKERJACKS turbo, alky ,NOS,, bike and Let me tell you.. THAT THING IS FAAAAAAAST. !!!!! THEN HIT THE NOS W O OOO O OOO OO!!!!!! HILL CLIMBS. FLAT DRAGS, DUNE RIDING THE BIKE RUNS 90% PERFECT!! A few burps and farts but wow!! I KNOW THE SYSTEM CAN WORK!! AND WILL GET BETTER.. I have Bill at BCE RACE HEADS ON BOARD .. He has alot of experience with this FUEL INJECTION ,, TURBO STUFF.. ALL AUTOMOTIVE IMPORTS, SOME BIKES,, BUT A SHARP GUY!! WE have made some changes to the system for ALKY and will run it for the first time at DUMONT this Sat. Cross your fingers for us ..

KELLY TELL US THE SELF LEARN IS WORKING!! MAJORECKO,, CRACKERJACK,, TELL YOUR STORIES I HAVE FATH KELLY BUT MY BIKE NEEDS TO SHOW ME SOME LIGHT THIS SATURDAY!!!

BUD

Old 10-12-2005, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

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

Old 10-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

Saint thanks for your # I'll be in touch, I know your 3 hrs a head of our time. Yea kelly has alot of time and $ Invested and needs to make a living but? ????? the system CLAIMS!! Love what your doing!!! I've been at it 2 weeks Megatune , web site.., talked to kelly about it. He's rewritten some of the megatune codes for his system .. hope the support software you're talking about will still work. compatability???

Quick Reply: SOME MORE COOL FEATURES OF EFI