CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Horsepower and Torque ratings for the Big Boys?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horsepower and Torque ratings for the Big Boys?

Does anyone happen to know the HP and torque ratings on the following big bores? The websites do not give these specs. Also, where can you find these numbers. Thank you

Kawasaki Brute Force 750i

Bombardier Outlander 800

Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI

Suzuki King Quad 700

Yamaha Grizzly 660

Old 10-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

I know what you mean !
I was trying to look up the STOCK power of the current DS vs. the new 700R raptor.
I did find that Turbo article in last months DW rag that the stock DS only dynos at like 35 horse ... stock but doubbled to 70+ with EFI and Turbo charging.
Getting real factual Torque and HP #'s is a real challenge ! then what are there sources !

Old 10-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Does anybody know if the 700R will be replacing the 660R?

I've been privy to some of the new performance items coming out for the 700R .... very impressive. I'm not dissing the DS here, but props to Yami for the 700R. It will be a major shift on how performance items will be considered. The reason why is because the 700R does NOT use a sniffer in the exhaust to make its EFI adjustments. It mearly has a altitude sensor. Consequently, performance mods such as intake and exhaust wont make much difference because the EFI is not making any ajustments in fuel flow to compensate for the higher flow of the aftermarket mods. If other quad manufacturers follow, this WILL change a lot of things. There have been about 83,000 Raptor 660Rs sold so far. If this holds true with the 700R, The demand for a flexible electronic interface to adjust for fuel flow to the injectors will be HUGE. Right now, the exhaust manufactuers are racing to find inexpensive CDI boxes to work with thier exhaust systems. The problem is, if you add other flow generating components, 700R owners will need to find another box that makes that mod work.

Whoever gets to the front line on a truely flexible electronic interface solution (and I'm not talking pre-programmed curves) will have the advantage. Someone (ahem ... wonder who that might be ... someone in Idaho?) will need to produce an electronic interface that will allow the user to simply tap a button and increase injector flow. That company, whoever it might be, has also discovered a way to spin up turbos quickly so that boost can be obtained quickly -

I tell you what, this stuff gives me goose bumps.

Old 10-12-2005, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

DS at only 35 hp stock. I can hardly believe that considering the performance for the weight. Not trying to argue that statement because I don't know what the stock hp is, but I would assume at least around 40+ since it out powers almost everthing and it is the heaviest sport quad out there. I know my pred is 42 hp and my stock 03 ds baja walks away from it. But maybe I am wrong.LOL'S RUSS

Old 10-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Range Rover

Ok I have articles to back up what the specs are on the BF750 and the Bomb 800. The Outy 800 has 62HP and 52 ft/lbs of torque while the BF750 has 50HP and 44 ft/lbs of torque. I'm not for sure on the KQ700 but I read last week it had like 42hp and didn't say anything about the torque all I know it isn't very impressive haven ridden them both. I am hoping to make it over to ride the 800 this weekend because my brother is looking at purchasing one.

The link for the Outlander 800 is @ https://atvconnection.com/atvconnect...ardier-800.cfm

Old 10-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hi 4wdownage. I am just north of you on US127. Thought I'd say hey. RUSS , sorry for interupting

Old 10-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

oregon,

you confused the sh*t out of me..... LOL

just let me know what this means for us...english please

Old 10-13-2005, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

Chrio,

I'll elaborate more in two weeks. I got my reasons [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

ok..i trust you...ill be waiting

Old 10-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ODP:

I have been wondering about that myself.

Will you be able to put a bigger injector on if you perform extensive mods or want to run alky?

Can you integrate with a Nitrous system to have the injector compensate for Nitrous shots without a fuel jet? Microswitches?

The lack of an O2 sensor is probably good as I can see some owners throwing (leaded) race-gas in their quad.

That is very interesting though about the EFI. For someone that throws a pipe and air box mod on and does nothing to the EFI map, they are now running lean and may not have much of an increase in power.

So. . . your trip to Idaho WAS business??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Horsepower and Torque ratings for the Big Boys?