CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where are the hunters ??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are the hunters ??????

I started a thread on this good site asking for hunters to give me their opinions of the new Outlander in hunting/back woods situations. I only recieved 1 response. Certainly there must be more out tyhere. Please let me know as this will be a deciding factor for me whether I go for this machine or not. Thanks.

Old 10-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Trailblazer

I purchased two about a couple of weeks back, I intend to use them at the end of month for Elk hunting. I shopped around for awhile looking at different bikes, used to have a Honda Foreman 400. After comparing dollars per unit and features I thought this to be the best deal for the money. $5180 before tax and 5 year warrentty. I also just recieved and assembled a Ultimate Rack so I could carry two quads and still pull the trailer. Plan on testing driving up this today. Should be a bit scary the first time, not so bad going up but coming off looks like it might be a thrill.

Old 10-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

Pastor,

With it being a new model, there isnt that many that have them yet. I know of maybe 10 on here so far is all. I know a few that have them and the reports have all been that the machine is everything it is supposed to be and even more. I will say, contrary to what you have read on here in the Poo forums and stuff, the Outty shines in mud and rough conditions. The SST frame acts like a slide rail helping keep it from hanging up on rocks and trees. The reason the Poo 800 has a good reputation for mud is it does have more aggressive tires from the factory.

Old 10-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Ya, most of us that hunt don't have one. And no, I'm not hauling deer on my DS. My tree stand is only 50 feet from the house so I don't need a utility to haul. Since most of us don't have one yet, go check it out at a dealership. You should get a good feel for it there. If you want to talk guns though, plenty of us can chime in on that.

Old 10-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2005, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

I appreciatte the DS crowd chiming in. However, this is a sincere question with real world implications. If I want to just ride around on logging roads I am not going to slap down 9.000+....I want this thing to do it all....Like my King Quad.

Old 10-15-2005, 11:22 PM
Range Rover

These are so new.. Good luck on an answer... What will it not do? It is a sweet bike..

Old 10-16-2005, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

Fair enough. i was hoping there was somebody out there.....like me.

Old 10-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

The fact that there are NO hunters using these machines .....isn't good. I am not attcking the machine boys...so don't get upset. However, for one that IS looking for the ultimate machine I find this eerily strange. For some reason, NO ONE is using this machine in true utility applications. I know, I know...it's brand new...however...we are already into deer season in most areas of the country....and NO ONE IS USING THIS MACHINE? Scary. Why was it built? I am not looking for a machine that is a "sport" machine packaged as a utility. I am starting to get cold feet...unless someone can start hunting right away.

Old 10-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

You think that maybe anyone that purchased the 800 for hunting maybe out hunting?

Quick Reply: Where are the hunters ??????